Australia: Walter William Melbourne WALKER and Mary Anne DENNER, Benalla, Beechworth, Rutherglen areas. Victoria
Walter William Melbourne WALKER was born 20 May 1872 (Birth Reg.No.15100) at Heathcote, Victoria, Australia died 3 Jun 1963 aged 91 years at Beechworth, Victoria, Australia, buried Benalla General Cemetery married 3 Feb 1899 Euroa, Victoria, Australia to Mary Anne DENNER who was born 1878 Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia and died 13 May 1952 Benalla, buried Benall.
More about Walter William Melbourne WALKER
Known as: Melbourne
Parents names: John Henry WALKER born 1845 England (possibly Yorkshire, not confirmed) died 19 May 1899 Reid Street, Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia, buried Carlyle Cemetery AND Mary LEE born 1846 Cornwall, England died 1943 at her daughter's residence, Heathcote, Victoria, Australia.
13 siblings: Two unknown males, John Henry Goulburn WALKER 1869, Walter William WALKER 1871-1871, Sydney Lee WALKER 1872-1959, Hobart WALKER 1874-1952, George WALKER 1876, Herbert Frank WALKER 1879, Frederick WALKER 1881-1930, Seymour Donald WALKER 1883-1948, James WALKER 1885-1885, Samuel Whatts WALKER 1889, and Una Adelaide WALKER 1891-1973.
More about Mary Anne DENNER
Known as: Minnie
Parents names: Henry DENNER* and Charlotte Sailey DIXON
*See my DENNER journals.
Walter William Melbourne WALKER and wife Mary Anne DENNER had 11 children:-
1. John Henry Sidney WALKER born Jul 1899 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 28 Dec 1900 Euroa, Victoria, Australia, burial details not yet known.
2. Dorothy Doris WALKER born 1902 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 12 Jul 1940 Beechworth, Victoria, Australia, burial details not yet known.
3. Edna Lillian WALKER born 11 Nov 1903 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 6 Feb 1988 Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, burial details not yet known, married Jack SHEPHARD, children John SHEPHARD and Adele SHEPHARD.
4. Thelma Dixon WALKER born 1906 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died Mayday Hills Psychiatric Hospital, Beechworth, Victoria, Australia died aged 38 years, buried 29 Dec 1944 Beechworth Cemetery, CofE, Section B, Grave 62, Victoria, Australia. There is no headstone on her grave.
5. Frederick William Melbourne Denner WALKER born 1908 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 15 Oct 1983 Royal Sydney Hospital, New South Wales, Australia of cancer, occupation cartage contractor at Raymond Terrace NSW first married 1928 Vera SPILSBURY, and they had one daughter Ellen Olive WALKER 04/04/1928-01/11/1924, he then married abt 1932 Alyce May PASS biological daughter of Albert Nicholas PROWD and Sarah Kathleen DENNER#, adopted daughter of John Edmund PASS and Charlotte Emily DENNER#. NB #sisters. Fred & Alyce/Alice have 8 children.
6. Una Ada Lee WALKER born 23 Oct 1910 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 12 Jul 1998 Bendigo, Victoria, Australia buried 16 Jul 1998 Eaglehawk Cemetery, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. It is known that Una had a child out of wedlock namely Neville Fred Denner WALKER who was raised as Una's brother, born 1930 died 19 Jul 1961 Benalla, buried Benalla Cemetery. Neville was accidentally killed in a road accident aged 31 years. Una married 1931 at Tallangatta, Victoria to Keith Dennes NEWBEGIN born 23 Aug 1901 Sunderland, County Durham, England died 12 Aug 1982 Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia ... 6 children. They divorced and Una married Edward GOWLING.
7. Mary Hazel WALKER born 1913 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 24 May 1920. Not much is known of Mary except that she died as a child.
8. Melba Charlotte (Poppy) WALKER born 22 Mar 1915 Rutherglen, Victoria, Australia died 21 Feb 1994. Poppy was institutionalized when very young (probably psych hospital), and died on 21 February 1994, buried Bendigo Cemetery.
9. Gordon Lindsay WALKER born 1918 Benalla, Victoria, Australia died aged 67 years on 1 Jul 1984 from liver cancer, Benalla, buried Benalla Cemetery, married Violet Alice Maude Ode TRIFFITT born 7 Aug 1923 Wangaratta Hospital, Victoria, Australia died 4 Oct 1996 Benalla, ... 8 children.
10. Aubrey Herbert Haig WALKER born 14 Sep 1920 Benalla, Victoria, Australia died 5 Sep 1949 Base Hospital, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia buried Benalla, Methodist Section, Victoria, Australia married 1942 Joan DELANEY born 17 Apr 1923 Wangaratta Hospital died 1 Feb 1997 Kew, Caristas Christi Hospice, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, buried Benalla ... 4 living children, 1 deceased.
11. Carmel Elaine WALKER born 3 Jul 1921 possibly Wagga Wagga NSW died 28 Nov 1992 Sydney NSW buried Wagga Wagga Lawn Cemetery, married Eric HOPKINS (former bandmaster of the Puckapunyal Military Band) who was killed in a truck accident on the Mansfield to Benalla Road between 1949 and 1952. Carmel's second husband was Edward Arthur TRIFFITT born 15 Apr 1928 Wangaratta Hospital, Victoria, Australia died 24 Feb 2004 Shepparton, Victoria, cremated Echuca.
The DENNERs were my ancestors, and I am researching all their descendants.