BLACK RANGE, Cemetery Western Australia
(NUNGARRA, Shire of SANDSTONE)
The East Murchison Goldfield was proclaimed on 28 June 1895 with the boundaries altered on 28 March 1902 and further amendments
on 1 March 1907 to divide the goldfield into 3 districts: Lawler's, Wiluna and Black Range.
Black Range is the western most portion of East Murchison
and included 6 main mining centres.
Black Range township was declared in Dec 1903 the aboriginal name, Nungarra also was used.
Rich gold was discovered by a prospector named HOWIE but by 1902 the name Howie's Patch was dropped in favour of the name Black Range
the BLACK RANGE CEMETERY in the Shire of Sandstone and is approximately 12 kms from the Sandstone townsite on an active Mining lease. The Cemetery is hard to find, and graves are overgrown in the bush.
CALDER, Alister Douglas - Died 2 Mar 1907 Aged 14 months
- Parents Neil & Mary
SHIMAMOTO, Mrs - Died 9 Jun 1907 age 36
IRWIN, Andrew William