Charles Anthony DIXON marries Lilian Elizabeth EAVES - Wellington 1927
from the EVENING POST 22 October 1927
... The wedding of Lilian Elizabeth (1906-?), eldest daughter of * Mr and Mrs Charles Eaves, of Racecourse Hill, to Charles Anthony (1901-1954), eldest son of ** Mr and Mrs Dixon, of Masterton, took place at St Andrew's Presbyterian Church recently, when the Rev Norman Webster officiated
The bride was in a charming and simple frock of pale pink crepe de chine with lace sleeves and vest. Her long tulle veil was embroidered in lilies and arranged in mob cap fasion, and her bouquet was of pink flowers.
The bridesmaids were Miss Sheila Eaves, in maize-coloured crepe de chine and Miss Rhoda Eaves, in mauve, both waring ribbon head dresses, and with bouquets to match their frocks.
Mr Eric Eaves was best man.
A reception was held in the Tea Kiosk in the Garens, where Mrs Eaves received the guests, wearing rose beige checked tweed and hat of the same shade
Mrs Dixon was in black satin marocain, and a black hat, her bouquet being of crimson flowers.
The bride tavelled in a custume of wine-coloured repp, the skirt finely kilted, and the coat trimmed with Oriental embroidery. Her hat was of crinoline straw to match
* this was Charles (1875-1938) & Rosina Phillipa (1884-1910) EAVES
- Charles was born in Christchurch 20 June 1875
- Rosina died aged 26 & buried Waddington cemetery, Canterbury
** this was Charles Herbert DIXON (1881-1955) & Edith Clara FRANKS (1882-1937)
- Charles was a son of Charles DIXON (1847-1935) & Alice Elizabeth HERBERT (1858-1943)
- Charles & Alice are buried togeth in PLOT 1, PLAN III, Archer St Masterton