Today is ANZAC day; and now, all the original Anzacs, the men of Gallipoli, are now all gone.
by janilye 6 years ago
in John SIMPSON KIRKPATRICK 1892-1915 - ANZAC
Have you got any dates Hooch? If he's part of the Burns' family from Bundaberg I may be able to help.
by janilye 6 years ago
in Looking for info about Thomas Burns from Queensland Australia
Ask your library if they can get a copy. The book was republished in 1971, I believe as part of a series called Australians at war, so there are probably quite a few copies around. Or request a...
by janilye 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
hi there, my Great Grandmother was Harley Monica Bransden married Laurence James Wright. Harley was born 1917 and died 2001, please help if u know anything
by sexcmummy 6 years ago
in Richard BRANSDEN (convict) & Alice DOWZER
by sexcmummy 6 years ago
in Richard BRANSDEN (convict) & Alice DOWZER
Thanks Janilye!! It might mean a trip to Victoria...I am in Qld,pooh!
by 888shelley 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
Linnie, if we r searching for the same people harley had 7 kids and Helen was born in 1941 and Lawrence was born in 1940, Marica was 1945, marita mary wright 1946, Murray 1950, Chris 1958 and...
by sexcmummy 6 years ago
in Lawrence James & Harley Monica WRIGHT (nee BRANSDEN)
The State Library of Victoria has a copy so does Monash and the research library at the Australia War Mem.
by janilye 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
William Pearson (age 30) married Fanny Smith (age 26) in Stepney 29th December 1853. William's father is Thomas, shown as a Yeoman. Fanny's father is also a Thomas, recorded as a Shipowner....
by PeterWynn 6 years ago
in Thomas Smith (1782-1863) and other Smiths from Hull, England
Thanks Janilye!!
by 888shelley 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
I am Trayton Lyall Wickens grandaughter. Thank you for all this information which I have saved and intend putting together for my children & grandchildren.
by Karly 6 years ago
in NEW ZEALAND: Miscellaneous data on HARRIS, LOMAX, NATHAN families
Perhaps if you can get a copy of the book 'Hell and High Fever' by David Selby as advertised HERE in The Argus, Weekender book reviews in 1956 will give you some more of the story.
by janilye 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
hello, lillian is my great great great grandmother. i'd love to get in contact with someone who has information as i'm trying to trace my ancestors. i'm happy to share information aswell.
by shannontronkagayhead 6 years ago
in Lilian H G Welsh, New Zealand
Steve, google 2/22 Lark force, the chap who is doing the research is Rod Miller. I just remembered that. Happy Hunting!!
by 888shelley 6 years ago
in 2/22 Battalion Lark Force, Rabaul 1942
Hello, I have a cousin searching for information regarding the Stafford/Goodall families, she has told me about some of the entries on different sites which have information unsourced, like me,...
by creekbed 6 years ago
in Searching for STAFFORD from Mount Kembla, Australia
Land surveyor by profession. Married to a mary Davis of rose hill va
by Lindalathambrown 6 years ago
in Edward D. Latham of Rose Hill, Virginia 1830
Sorry it should say 1837. So we are talking parish records. Dob 1783 Chittlehampton John Sanders. Do you need any info on Sanders in this area? Peter
by Pupsimmonds 6 years ago
in Sanders of Devon
Hello All, I'm trying to reach any of you regarding the picture of Leocadie, I have information I would like to share regarding Indian lines. -Thanks -Ray
by oldsmanw41 6 years ago
in George Messier/Machie/Macha/Macey & Philomene Brousseau Lines
Hello out there. William walter wallis was my great great grandfather. Maybe three greats. My grandole poppy was william james wallis born dec 1903. This is on me ma s side. Anyway if anyone has...
by westaussie 6 years ago
in help with Bertie Gerald WALLIS - New Zealand
Hi. The Roils of Newfoundland begin with James Roil ( Ryall ) who was in the British army and was stationed in Carbonear, Conception Bay, Newfoundland.Where he married Georgina Pynn. James was born...
by Duntara 6 years ago