Queensland has a free BDM web site, if you have already used it and found nothing I can't help you. https://www.bdm.qld.gov.au/IndexSearch
by marjudeandco 4 years, 6 months ago
in I am writing to enquire how I would go about finding information about an ancestor that was born in 1850 in Qld but has no official register of birth there. Are there parish records or other sources that may be useful?
Any connection or information about James Gowans who married Mary Grieve please? All I know is that their Daughter Christian Gowans was baptised in Parish of Benholm 1803.
by scotheart 4 years, 6 months ago
in surnames , Alexander, Gowan, Ritchie of Bervie, Kincardine
I think Samuel Monroe Butcher was my great, great, great, great grandfather. I am trying to find a pedigree that shows the progression? Any thoughts on how to find this?
by darcybutcher 4 years, 6 months ago
in related through Sarah Catherine Hickman and Samuel Monroe Butcher.
Show & tell
by marlin1945 4 years, 6 months ago
in Keast one name study
Hi Phil, Thank you for the heads up! Al help is appreciated.it is difficult to access UK records from OZ. Cheers, Marlin
by marlin1945 4 years, 6 months ago
in POLLARD Edward 1828 Polperro, Cornwall UK
On the 1851 census on FreeCen, there is an Isabella Holman in Lannarth, Gwennap with her parents James & Mary - together with Priscilla Pryor (mother-in-law to James). Also in the household...
by PhilKeast 4 years, 6 months ago
in James Keast HOLMAN (b.22 Oct 18 27 ) son of James and Ann Keast...
Your marriage between Ellen Keast & Frederick Leigh may be incorrect. Ellen's birth was registered as simply Ellen and I have seen nothing to suggest that she had a middle name. I think...
by PhilKeast 4 years, 6 months ago
in POLLARD Edward 1828 Polperro, Cornwall UK
Just putting the feelers out there, if you think you are connected, I would like to fill in the gaps........drop a line & have a chat. Loopy67
by loopy67 4 years, 6 months ago
in Charles Jospeh White & Charlotte Phillips Aust & NZ.
I have collected data on 6 Raudenbusch bros who emigrated to Philadelphia in the early 18th century, and another, apparently unrelated, who emigrated directly to Indiana in the early 19th century...
by dmccarg 4 years, 6 months ago
in Looking for Roudenbush Family Tree
Hi Thanks very much for this info. If you find out any more in the future I'd love to hear. The link to the Graves website is interesting. It isn't clear to me who wrote that page and when I...
by GordonL 4 years, 6 months ago
in Walter Edward GREAVES + Sarah Ann PITTAMS - Pahiatua, New Zealand
Many thanks and just maybe a fellow searcher may add to this query. B Pearcy
by brianpy 4 years, 6 months ago
in Looking for Pearcy family who emigrated from Horningsham,Wiltshire to Chch , New Zealand
I have no idea if this will help but there is a Holloway family living in Kirksville, MO. to this date. There is a "Bobby" and his brother "Frank" and another Brother "Alan" still there that I...
by Hardcase 4 years, 6 months ago
in looking for Holloways from Missouri
My grandfather was James William Kirby and he was orginally from Virgina or West Virgina I think, he died in 1955 in Maryland. His wife was Ella May-Barrow.
by randytho 4 years, 6 months ago
in KIRBY family of Illinois, Kentucky, and Maryland
Hi, On my family tree, i think it is my great great grandma married sir charles kingsford smith but do not know her name! will find out soon! Laura
by lozzo99 4 years, 6 months ago
in AUSTRALIA: The life of Sir Charles Kingsford Smith : Australia's greatest aviator
There was a John QUIN who was born about 1828 in Ballymoney, County Down, Ireland - he married Jane NEWPORT in 1851 in New Zealand - they had 5 children - John died in 1872 aged 44 in...
in John Quin married Jane Newport and moved to New Zealand....anyone have these people in their history?
There are 20 PEARCY's buried in the Christchurch Cemeteries you may find somwone you are looking for
Hi allycat, thanks for your assistance. I looked up Rootschat, registered and checked through heaps of info, but to no avail as yet. Thanks again, Mary-anne
by Mary_anne 4 years, 6 months ago
in What happened to John and Ann Turnbull after they arrived in 1859?
How wonderful it is to Remember Samuel John Edmonds
by Maoriwahine2007 4 years, 6 months ago
in SAMUEL JOHN EDMONDS ,
How wonderful it is to Remember Samuel John Edmonds
by Maoriwahine2007 4 years, 6 months ago
in SAMUEL JOHN EDMONDS ,
edmondsallan- hi allycat . thank you for your comments . I think I can detect the good sense of humour you may have . May I respectfully comment on your Husbands mother. If she was a full blooded...
in MAORI -- WITH REDDISH HAIR