Alfred Abraham Harris died in Newcastle, New South Wales on the 18 November 1890. Whilst on a visit to see his daughter, Mrs. Chinchen at Mona, North Waratah, Newcastle NSW.BDM. DEATHS 13106/1890...
by janilye 4 days, 1 hour ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Wow, thanks for the help, this certainly ties in and looks like the right ancestors.
by cnic 4 days, 3 hours ago
in LEVER, Robert
melva Halse is buried in the old bolder cemetery with her father the records are at the Kalgoorlie. they are my Grand Mother and great grand father.
by escape 4 days, 3 hours ago
in HALSE Thomas married Elizabeth NANKERVIS 1895
Thanks! Both my sister and I are keen sauce and chutney makers. I didn't realise that we were following a family tradition! regards Sue
by susannah_m 4 days, 12 hours ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Calcutta Exhibition
by janilye 4 days, 13 hours ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Hi janilye - I also found the Rootsweb link about the Travencore. The email address is no longer valid - a bit of a problem especially, as in this case, where the person used a work email address....
by susannah_m 4 days, 14 hours ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Tracing the very interesting LABATT family from Dublin to Australia via TROVE
by janilye 4 days, 14 hours ago
in Louis George LABATTE 1786-1872
I am the same line as Jess above (though she has missed Charles who was William Jnr's father). My Gmother was Rona Amelia Wallace. Douglas was the adopted child of Julia and James. Mike
by wewallace 4 days, 14 hours ago
in Looking for William Ellerslie WALLACE
He paid for his passage on the Friedborg Anna Fredrikson later his wife came on the same ship
by FernaPayne 4 days, 18 hours ago
in Looking for Jacob and Henry Lafrentz info
I have that information including a copy of the ships manifest from the Canterbury museum . I know they were originally from the island of Lolland and were disposessed during the Prussian...
by FernaPayne 4 days, 18 hours ago
in Looking for Jacob and Henry Lafrentz info
I am the youngest grandchild of Augusta Caroline and Ernest Alfred Payne.Amy was my aunt her son John Dollar lives in Christchurch.John has an encyclopedic knowledge of family history as...
by FernaPayne 4 days, 18 hours ago
in Children of Augusta and Ernest Payne of Geraldine, NZ
Thanks S.Osborne. The Somme, Picardie must have come from HERE or somewhere like it.
by janilye 4 days, 23 hours ago
in Nathan Phipps 1702-1772
Sorry two ships into Geelong not three;
by janilye 4 days, 23 hours ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
RootsWeb This person has the immigration as arrival on the Travencore on 1 November 1849. There is an email address if you wish to contact her. The 'Cr. Long Project' which the writer mentions...
by janilye 4 days, 23 hours ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
I found this The Cornishmen of Clunes an interesting site
by janilye 5 days ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
He died after February 1884; because on the 26 February 1884 he won 2 medals at the Calcutta Exhibition for his tomato sauce and chutney.
by janilye 5 days ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Read the story here in the Clunes Community News about the Harris Family on page 8. I suggest you contact them for more information.
by janilye 5 days ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Ellen was a widow when she died. Clunes Guardian and Gazette , Tuesday 3 March 1914 DEATH. HARRIS. -On the 23rd February, at her daughter's residence, Kenmore, 606 Dana street, Ballarat, Ellen,...
by janilye 5 days, 1 hour ago
in Alfred Abraham HARRIS b circa 1826, d ? in Australia
Hi John and Anne , Thank you for you comments . At present it doesn't appear that our lines meet but never say never. What are the odds that that all these families have joined half a world away...
by South 5 days, 4 hours ago