I do have the same info you have now. I did not try the historical society. I forgot that one. I have the same names for him as you. I have tried looking for the names for J.G and L.S. so far...
by jhs 18 hours, 20 minutes ago
in I have tried to find people in the Marshall, Madison, North Carolina area in the early 1800's. The county and state tell me the info I needed was blew up and there is no other way of finding them. There has to be some somewhere but where?
Sarah Fry nee Scanlon lived in Portsmouth England for most of her life she married and had two sons and one daughter I have photos of them all. Was Sarah your grandmother, do you have similar photo...
by Summers76 18 hours, 27 minutes ago
in SCANLON SISTERS PHOTOS POSTED
The family stories above are brilliant :)Keep up the good work. When friends ask me why I am researching my roots some from Ireland my answer is always the same. "Its the one Legacy that we...
by Summers76 19 hours, 12 minutes ago
in What's the most interesting story in your family tree?
by Summers76 19 hours, 26 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
Katie, its a long shot but ask any of your senior relatives if they have any old paperwork or rare photos they may have hidden away an old birth or marriage certificate, they may have info on...
by Summers76 19 hours, 31 minutes ago
in I would like to find out the parents of Sophia taylor my 2nd great-grandmother
I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself !! ..and we were supposed to keep it simple
by janilye 19 hours, 33 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
of course ;)
by ngairedith 19 hours, 33 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
Considering the population of Australia at 23.14 million that's a very good representation. But our cuzzies across the ditch in New Zealand with only 4.5 million have blitzed us.
by janilye 19 hours, 41 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
done :)
by Scott_J 19 hours, 42 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
Thread in need of a tidy up please lots above have been deactivated .
by Summers76 19 hours, 45 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
yes, thank you that is the right Bernard. however this is all the same info I have found also. where information stops is without Edwards middle name and who were grandparents of Edward and...
by rogerwoodland 19 hours, 47 minutes ago
in Bernard fred woodland
now that we have mastered all that ;) we can move on to this ... DOUBLE COUSIN Double cousins arise when two siblings of one family mate with two siblings of another family. The resulting...
by ngairedith 19 hours, 59 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
Scott may I add my sincere thanks for a brilliant site, while my family research goes on ☺ its truly amazing when you find another gem of information. Thank you 👍
by Summers76 20 hours, 8 minutes ago
in Where Do FamilyTreeCircles Visitors Come From?
OK, so now which ones can you kiss? ;)
by Scott_J 20 hours, 14 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
By George I think he's got it Ng
by janilye 20 hours, 15 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
ha! Janilye's explanation is actually the clearest explanation I think I've ever read. I'm looking for true understanding here, not just following a chart. I'm going to just repeat what I...
by Scott_J 20 hours, 18 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
Well you know how I like to simplify things NG :0
by janilye 20 hours, 29 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
gee janilye, glad Scott didn't ask for a "hard to remember explanation of this" haha lol
by ngairedith 21 hours, 11 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
Your uncle is the brother of your father or mother. Your aunt is the sister of your father or mother. Your great uncle (or grand uncle) is the brother of your grandfather or grandmother....
by janilye 21 hours, 13 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?
The point of asking is to have the info here, maybe explained in a different way.
by Scott_J 21 hours, 32 minutes ago
in What is a second or third cousin vs. a cousin once or twice removed?