Grandfather Patrick Francis Cook born 4/1/1888 Marshall County, Kansas, died October 22, 1953 Kansas City, Missouri, burial Mt. Olivet. Patrick Francis was the son of Patrick Cook (born c1836 Ireland, died aft 1920 possibly in Marshall Co, KS) and Bridget Welch (born c1855 Scotland, died aft 1920 possibly in Marshall Co, KS). Name is usually seen as Francis Patrick Cook but baptism records give it as Patrick Francis.
Siblings of Patrick Francis Cook:
- Mary Cook born 8/13/1877 Marshall Co. KS died before her brother Patrick. Mary (b. 8/13/1877) married first a man named Riley and had one child. Both her husband and child died before the 1900 census. Her second husband was James Cain(born c 1865 possibly in Marshall County, Kansas)married around 1903. Their children were James (b c1909), William (b c1912), Mary (b c1914), Leo (b
c1915), Kathleen (b c1920) and Charles (b c1922).
- Elizabeth Philomena Cook born 4/17/1879 Marshall Co. KS. married August Koch around 1902. Their children: Agatha, Rachel, Evangeline, Augusta, Ralph, Berniece,Viola, Genevieve and Helen.
This is based on my guess that the child baptised as Elizabeth Philomena is the Ellen Koch, wife of August Koch, that I have found on census records, and the Mrs. Nell Koch named in Frank's funeral book.
- Unknown child baptized 11/26/1882 St. Bridget. Believe this child to be the Mrs. Mady Koch named under "Other Members of the Family" in Patrick's funeral book. Marilla M. Koch, wife of John A. Koch, located on the 1930 census in Marshall Co, KS and of the appropriate age is a good candidate for this child as Patrick's funeral book also listed under "Relatives Attending" a Mrs. John Koch and a Mrs. A. Koch (note that the other is probably sister Elizabeth).
- Thomas Cook, baptized 8/31/1884 St. Bridget, Marshall Co, KS, died before his brother Patrick. Located in the 1920 census but not the 1930 census so may have died between 1920 & 1930. Possibly never married as he was living with his parents in 1920.
- Francis Edward Cook born 7/17/1886 Marshall Co, KS. Believe this child probably died young as the next son was Patrick Francis and he usually went by the name of Frank.
- Charlotte Cook born 9/27/1889 Marshall Co, KS, (went by the name Lottie).Married J. W. Peterman (born c 1876) probably in Marshall Co, KS. Their children were Nevada (b c1912), Kathryn (b c1914), Leo (b c1920) and Rosemary (b c1923).
- John Leo (b. 11/1/1891) married a daughter of William Roach. She died before the 1920 census, apparently they had no children or else the children also died before 1920. He may be the John L. Cook on the 1930 census with wife Camille and daughters Elizabeth and Joan
- Rosella Cook born 6/29/1894, baptized 7/8/1894 St. Bridget. Rosella presumably the Mrs. Rose Border listed under "Other Members of the Family" in Patrick's funeral book.
Grandmother, Mary Frances Coyne was born 7/19/1892 Marshall Co, KS,
( Baptismal record transcription gives the date as 6/15/1892, death records list birth as 6/25/1892) died 9/15/1980. She was the daughter of Thomas J. Coyne (born c 1866 Wisconsin) and Bridget T. McGrath (born c 1867-1869 in Kansas). Believe that Bridget McGrath may have a sister named Catherine McGrath who married a Patrick Egan Siblings of Mary Frances Coyne:
ALl baptise baptized St. Bridget, Marshall County, Ks.
- Marcella Brigit Coyne, born 6/10/1894.
- Catherine Coyne born 10/31/1896.
- Helen Coyne born 7/14/1899.
- Joseph Francis born 3/23/1902.
- Viola Theresa born 1/16/1905,
My father, Thomas Joseph (Joe) Cook, b. 6/20/1921, Red Cloud, NE.
married Theres Elizabeth Koel, 3/2/1946. died 8/1/2002, Kansas City, Mo.
- Marcella B, b. @ 1915 died between 1920-1930 (Census records)
- Francis Patrick, Jr., b. @ 1917 died between 1920-1930 (Census records)
- Mary Catherine (m. Ross)b.6/5/1918, died 12/28/1974, Kansas CIty, MO.
- John P. born 2/29/1922?
- William b. @ 1925
Thomas J Cook and Theresa R. Koel CHildren
- Thomas Gregory b. 9/30/1948 KCMO
- James William b. 1/27/1950 KCMO
- Dennis Eugene b. 3/28/1951 KCMO died 10/9/1989 KCMO
- Janet Louise (me) 5/1/1953 KCMO
Janet L. Cook