Daniel WARNER 1699-1778
Daniel WARNERwas one of nine children born on the 20 May 1699 in Ipswich,Essex,Massachusetts, to Philemon WARNER b:1 August 1675 at Ipswich and died 6 May 1741 also from Ipswich and his wife Abigail TUTTLE 1673-1756, the daughter of Simon TUTTLE 1637-1692 and Sarah COGSWELL 1631-1732. They had been married on the 27 April 1696 in Ipswich.
The children of this marriage were:-
1. Philemon WARNER b: 7 JAN 1697/98 in Ipswich, MA. and died in 1778 in Gloucester, MA. m. Mary PRINCE the daughter of daughter of Capt. John Prince 1677-1767 and Abigail ELLERY 1678-1744.
b: 10 JUL 1707 in Gloucester, MA died 1784, Married on the 3 NOV 1726 in Gloucester, MA.
*2.Daniel WARNER, on the 15 December 1720 the Reverend Hugh ADAMS married Daniel to Sarah HILL 1698-1770 the daughter of Samuel HILL and Sarah NUTTER granddaughter of Valentine Hill by his wife Mary, dau. of Gov. Theophilus EATON.
Daniel died in Portsmouth,New Hampshire in 1778.
3. William WARNER b: 17 MAR 1700/01 in Ipswich, m. (1) Mary Mountford
on 16 MAY 1723 in Boston, MA m. (2)Deborah Mason on 1 SEP 1743 in Boston, MA
4. Abigail Warner b: 4 OCT 1702 in Ipswich, MA
5. Sarah WARNER b: 8 MAR 1703/04 in Ipswich, MA. m.1 Dependence ELLERY b: 24 JAN 1696/97 in Gloucester, MA. His father was William ELLERY and
Mother Mary COIT on the 4 JAN 1721/22 in Gloucester, MA
6. Nathaniel WARNER b: 19 NOV 1705 in Ipswich, MA
7. Nathaniel WARNER b: 15 APR 1707 in Ipswich, MA m. Hannah Mountfort b:abt 1710 on the 23 NOV 1732 in Boston, LIN, ENG
8. Susanna WARNER b: 13 MAR 1707/08 in Ipswich, MA m.(1) Daniel Parsons in 1732 in Gloucester, MA (2) William Haskell on 12 SEP 1739 in Glocester, RI
9. Jonathan WARNER b: 1710 in Ipswich, MA
10. Mary WARNER b: 8 APR 1712 in Gloucester, M
11. Mercy WARNER b: 24 FEB 1712/13 in Gloucester, MA
*Daniel WARNER Some say Daniel WARNER built The Warner House The mansion was inherited by Jonathan WARNER.
The children of the marriage between Daniel WARNER and Sarah HILL were:-
Sarah Warner b:16 March 1722 Portsmouth, NH d:31 December 1814 Portsmouth, NH m. Henry Sherburne 1709-1767 22 Oct. 1740
Daniel Warner 1723 ? 1746 died in England
ColonelJonathan Warner b: 6 Sept.1726 Portsmouth, NH d: 15 May 1814 Portsmouth, m. (1)Mary NELSON on 5 Mat 1748 had one child POlly 1749-1770. m. (2) Mary Macphaedris, daughter of Captain Archibald Macpheadris on the 1 October 1760 at Portsmouth. (3) Elizabeth PITTS on 15 December 1781
Nathaniel Warner 1729 ? died at sea
William Warner b: 29 Mat 1731 Ipswich d: 3 October 1733 Ipswich
Samuel Warner b:1733 Ipswich Essex d:1733 Ipswich, Essex
William WARNER b:14 October 1734 in Ipswich, m.Lucy TILTON 1734-?
in Ipswich in 1756 daughter of Abraham TILTON 1702-1786 and Susannah HARRIS 1706-1742
Samuel Warner b:21 August 1737 Portsmouth, NH d: 10 Sept.1771 m. Elizabeth WENTWORTH 1739-1793 in Portsmouth, 8 Oct 1761
This WARNER family originally came from Boxtead, Essex, England beginning with William WARNER 1594-1648 and his wife Abigail BAKER 1590-1659 migrated to Ipswich sometime after their marriage in 1611.
sometime between 1620 and 1640. Both died in Ipswich.
Their son Daniel WARNER 1618-1688 married Elizabeth DENNE 1619-1659. Her parents were also immigrants from Boxted- John DEANE 1600-1660 and Alice STRONG 1661-1660.
Daniel WARNER and Elizabeth nee DENNE were married in Ipswich on the 2 June 1641. Their Son Daniel (the father of Philemon) was born in Ipswich in 1640 and died there in 1696 he married Sarah DANE .
The painting below is
Polly Warner, daughter of Jonathan WARNER, painted by Joseph Blackburn, 1761