BT has been a Family Tree Circles member since Feb 2014.
working back from Mel to find the nationalities ...
* Mel Josephine Gillan (1914-1967) born in NSW, daughter of:
** William Whitmore Gillan (1882-1948) born in Bathurst, NSW, son of:
*** Nicholas Gilling (1858-1934) born Sofala, NSW, the son of:
**** Antonio Gilling (1830-1861) born in Trieste, Italy
working forward to Mel for other nationalities ...
**** Antonio Gilling married Anastasia CARROLL (1838-1868) Sofala, NSW 1857
- Anastasia was born in Kilkenny, Ireland
*** Nicholas Gilling married Eleanor WHITMORE (1857-1933) Bathurst 1880
- Eleanor was born in NSW. Her father William Whitmore was from Gloucester, England
** William Whitmore Gillan married Elizabeth Ann BOYLE (1878-1960) Bathurst 1904
- Elizabeth was born in Bathurst. Her father, James Boyle (1837-1880) was (possibly) born in New Zealand but HIS parents were from Ireland. Her mother, Mary Ann MAGEE (1841-1901) was born in NSW but HER parents were originally from Ireland
* which makes Mel Josephine Gillan a mixture of all the above :)
Thank you so much.
How did you know all that information? I hope you don't mind me asking.
just went searching the web, did a bit of sleuthing ...
how did they ever do genealogy before computers ah ;)
I have felt a little overwhelmed searching.
I'm very surprised by the information. Members of the family strongly believe there is Aboriginal heritage in the family.
Again, thank you kindly :)
my tiny bit of info does not rule out any Aboriginal possibility of course
Somewhere along the line? well, you never know
There is Italian blood there. Some of my Irish ancestors had eyes like coal and hair so dark it was a beautiful blue/black colour
Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.
Join over 80,000 others who are connecting with their cousins and common researchers!
FamilyTreeCircles is easy and free.