ELDRIDGE: Bowman Henry and Margaret DRUMGOOLE's 5 children: Emily, Elizabeth, Bowman Joseph, Nathaniel and Naomi
They were all born in Davenport, Scott, Iowa
1. Emily M. born 23 Jan 1870, died 23 Oct 1876 of diptheria. Buried on John Eldridge lot in Oakdale
2. Elizabeth H. born 22 Aug 1875, died 28 Sept 1877 of diptheria. buried with Emily
3. Bowman Joseph born 14 Feb 1879
4. Nathaniel H. born 20 Oct 1882. The family black sheep. He was occasionally on the other side of the law. On 9 Feb 1900, he was arrested for stealing a set of harness from August STEFFEN's Livery Stable and tried to sell it to a 2nd hand store. On 19 May 1904, Nathaniel and Mrs. Medial RODDUE RUSSELL (no BMD) were married in Davenport by Justice of the Peace L.E. RODDEWIG, however the marriage lasted less than a year. "DELLIA complained he got drunk and "beat her into insensibility" on the streets of Davenport on 9 Apr 1905. The Davenport Public Library's RICHARDSON SLOAN Collections room has some newspaper articles on microfilm about Nathaniel beating his wife and appearing before a judge. He lived with his family until his mother's death in 1912 and then left Davenport. Family members remember Nathaniel as a horse trainer who drifted in and out of town. He died of cancer in the Peoria Illinois State Hospital at Bartonsville, Monroe, Illinois on 5 Nov 1958 and is buried in the Hospital Cemetery.
5. Naomi, born 11 Oct 1884 in Davenport.