ELDRIDGE: Bowman Joseph marries Loretta Marie MICLOT and they have 5 children: Joseph Bowman, Mary Ellen, Julia Veronica, Catherine Margaret, and Josephine Agnes
Bowman Joseph was born 14 Feb 1879 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa, first son of Bowman Henry and Margaret DRUMGOOLE ELDRIDGE. He was educated at St. Anthony's Parochial School next to the church.
He began work in 1896 at age 17 as a flagman for teh C.M. & St. Paul RR and was promoted to switchman. He was employed at the Rock Island Arsenal 1916-1923. Later, he was a self-employed painter.
He married Loretta Marie MICLOT on 14 Jan 1902 in Davenport's Sacred Heart Cathedral on 10th and Iowa. Loretta was the dtr of a French immigrant, Joseph and Julia NATHAN MICLOT (born in NY). Loretta was born on 23 Jan 1879 in Davenport. Both parents died before Julia's engagement. Brother John B. Miclot gave Loretta's hand in marriage.
Bowman Joseph died 18 Aug 1946 in Davenport; Loretta died 25 Jun 1937 in Davenport. They were members of Sacred Heart Cathedral and are buried in Davenport's Mt. Calvary Cemetery.
Children all born in Davenport:
1. Joseph BOWMAN born 10 Nov 1902, d. Sept 1982 Davenport
2. Mary Ellan, born 18 Sept 1904, called Marie by family, married 1 Oct 1931 Bernard Vernon STROMBERG in Sacred Heart. They had 2 children: Patrick John born Iowa City, Iowa and Ruth Ann born in Davenport.
3. Julia Veronica born 11 Nov 1907
4. Catherine Margaret born 15 Dec 1912, died of pneumonia 21 Jan 1913 in Davenport
5. Josephine Agnes born 23 Sept 1917, married Raymond J. LAAKE on 10 Apr 1948. They had 4 children in Davenport: Gene Lawrence born 4 May 1949; Gary Edward born 6 Jul 1950; Daniel Joseph born 20 Jan 1953; Lorraine Ann born 3 Nov 1954 all in Davenport.