EULAMINNA, previously ANACONDA, Western Australia
EULAMINNA is an abandoned town located between Leonora and Laverton along the Old Leonora Road in the Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia.
Lots were originally surveyed in 1900 to serve the nearby Murrin Murrin Copper Mine that was known as the Anaconda Copper Mine at the time.
By 1903 there were 64 residential lots and a population of about 350.
A police station was also established in 1903 and the town boasted two hotels, two stores a chemist and a newsagent. A mail receiver was in place but no telegraph station.
The townsite was originally gazetted as Anaconda in 1904, but the name was changed in 1907 after a request from the WA Copper company because of confusion in the London markets between Copper shipments from Anaconda in the United States and shipments from the local mine.
The name was changed to the Aboriginal name for the area, Eulaminna, in 1907
- d. 23 May 1910 - Mt Margaret
- d. 12 Feb 1924 age 66 - Mt Margaret
- d, 29 Oct 1902 age 12 days - Mt Margaret
- d. 20 Dec 1903 age 22 months - Mt Margaret
TAYLOR, Dolores Wylde
- d. 6 Apr 1909 age 6 months ? - Mt Margaret
WINCHESTER John d. 9 Oct 1917 age 46 - Mt Margaret