Families of Jonathan Shortt and Jane Mounsteven
Jonathan Shortt - lived and died in Sunday's Well, Cork, Ireland.
Birth date unknown, but estimated about 1774.
Died in either 1817 or 1818.
Married Jane Mounsteven on 20th May 1799 at the Parish Church - Bodmin, Cornwall.
Jane Mounsteven (older version - Maintstephen).
Born 1776. Died 15th May 1879
After husband Jonathan died, she lived with her son, William Henry Shortt in Inverness.
Buried - Greyfriars Cemetery, Inverness.
Jane's father - Thomas Mounsteven, and her mother, Elizabeth ?
Jonathan and Jane's children....
1. Elizabeth Jane Shortt b 1801 Bodmin. Married Robert Samuel Phillips in Bodmin 1821.
2. John Shortt b (Launceston) Nov 1805. Daughter, Lucinda Mary, d 27th Feb 1861 (aged 16).
3. William Henry Shortt b 8th March 1807 d 19th Jan 1861 (age 53).
Married Jane McAndrew 14th Oct 1840. Jane b 1821 d 4th Nov 1841.
They had one daughter, Catharine b 17th Sep 1841 (Leeward Is Ind) d Nov 1873.
Married Emily Farquharson 8th March 1850. Emily b Fife 1828 d 14th Jan 1915.
William and Emily had 7 children...
1. Thomas Mounsteven Shortt b 1st Jan 1851 d 19th July 1938.
2. Charles Shortt b 1852 d ?
3. John Farquharson Shortt b 1855 d ?
4. Emily Shortt b 7th Feb 1856 d 13th Nov 1910.
5. William Henry Shortt b 1858 d (Port Said, Egypt) 1896.
6. Jonathan Shortt b 1st Dec 1859 d 21st Nov 1861.(age 2)
7. Margaret Jane Shortt b 8th Aug 1861 d 14th Sep 1864.(age 3)
4. Jonathan Shortt b 1811 d 20th June 1855 (age 44).
Married Francis Baker 11th Oct 1839. Francis b 22nd Jan 1814 d 20th June 1855 (44)
5. Lucinda Mary Shortt b 1817?
Married Thomas Fraser (solicitor, Inverness) 23rd Dec 1837.
(Note from Revel Kemp)... firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Shortt is my GGG grandfather, and William Henry Shortt, my GG grandfather.
Thomas Mounsteven Shortt is my G grandfather.
My grandfather (on mum's side) is Walter Earnest Shortt b 15th Mar 1884 d 17th Sep 1966.
Please email me with any more family information - thanks, Revel.