FIRTH & WILLIAMS - early settlers of Waipawa
Elizabeth Firth (1858-1940) was the daughter of Abraham Firth (1816-1898) and Sarah Thompson (1823-1865), very early settlers of Waipawa, New Zealand.
If you recognise these people as ancestors you will find a lot more information and old photos on this page of this site:
It is a very big site with a great deal of interesting data on Waipawa and the early families like, Wooster, Donghi, Edwards, Beale, Burdett, Standley, Bibby, and the Parkhurst Boys
Elizabeth Firth married Frederick Williams (1853-1939) in 1877
They had Abraham Firth Williams (1858-1940)
- Elizabeth and Frederick are buried in Hastings.
Abraham Firth Williams married Jessie Rachel Palmer (1889-1964) in 1913.
- Abraham and Jessie are buried in the
Old Gorge Cemetery, Woodville.
Abraham on 28-11-1964 PLOT 87, BLOCK 22
Jessie on 30-8-1968 PLOT 88, BLOCK 22
Other Williams that are buried in the Old Gorge Cemetery:
Anne Isabella Williams, 15 June 1958 aged 70
- Plot 41E, Block 23. Wife of Walter Valentine Williams
Eliza Maud Williams (nee Ingram), 21 March 1930 aged 50
- Plot 48, Block 16. Married John Williams in 1907
Henry Williams, 15 Dec 1889 aged 52
- Plot 85, Block 13. Husband of Mary
Jessie Rachel Williams (nee Palmer), 28 Aug 1968 aged 81
- Plot 88, Block 22. Wife of Abraham Firth Williams
Lawrence Williams, 7 July 1945 aged 66
- Plot 30C, Block 14
Mary Williams, 21 Oct 1929 aged 2 days
- Plot 49, Block 16. Wife of Henry
Susan Williams, aged 58 - buried 2 May 1883
- Plot 39, Block 21. First adult burial in the cemetery
Walter Williams, 3 Dec 1955 aged 73
- Plot 41D, Block 23. Husband of Anne Isabella Williams