I have very little concrete evidence concerning Hezekiah Bennetts ancestors, so I read with interest your thoughts.
On Hezekiah's death certificate in 1900 his parents were stated as William Bennetts and Nancy Unknown. I'm fairly certain this is incorrect, and that the informant their daughter Rebecka who immigrated with her parents at the age of 7 may not have even remembered her grandparents names.
I have however located his marriage details on the parish registers as detailed below:-
Marriage banns, 1823-1844
I PUBLISH the banns of Marriage between Hezekiah Benne(unable to read in the crease of the page, so I am assuming when I cross reference the entry on the CORNWALL ONLINE PARISH CLERKS (Genealogy) website that is the entry for Hezekiah Bennetts) of this parish Bachelor and Mary George Sojourner in the Parish Widow.
If any of you know cause of just impediment why these two Persons should not be joined together in Holy Matrimony, ye are to declare it.
This is the first time of asking --- Dated 10th day of March 182
This is the second time of asking --- Dated the 17th day of March 1839
This is the third time of asking --- Dated 24th day of March 182
Marriage entry parish records 1837-1860
1839. Marriage Solemnized in the Church in the Parish of Perranaluloe in the County of Cornwall.
When Married March 28
Name and Surname Hezekiah Bennetts, age 21, Condition Bachelor, Rank or Profession Miner, Residence at the time of the marriage Chiverton, Father's Name and Surname Philip Bennetts, Rank or Profession of Father ?
Name and Surname Mary George, age 26, Condition Widow, Rank or Profession ---, Residence at the time of the marriage ????, Father's Name and Surname Thomas Nance, Rank or Profession of Father ?
Married in the Church of Perran according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Established Church after Banns by me. George Bellamy.
This marriage was solemnized between us Hezekiah Bennetts sign Mary George's sign in the Presence of us, Edward Searle Symons, & Francis Veall
So at least I am able to confirm that Hezekiah's father is most likely Philip.
His parents were Philip Bennetts (?born 1779? ) and Anne/Nancy Rickard(Richards) married on the 13 Nov 1800 in Perranzabuloe, Cornwall, England where Philip was listed as being from Perranzabulo
I have managed to identify the following siblings for Hezekiah as follows:-
1. Jenefer christened 03 Jan 1802
2. Ann christened 03 Jan 1804
3. Philip christened 26 Dec 1808
4. Sally christened 29 Sep 1811
5. Richard christened 03 Dec 1813 the family were living in Churchtown, St Allen and Philip was working as a Farm Labourer
6. John christened 19 Nov 1815 the family were living in Churchtown, St Allen and Philip was working as a Farm Labourer
7. Hezekial christened 22 Oct 1818 the family were living in Churchtown, St Allen and Philip was working as a Farm Labourer
8. Edward christened 26 Dec 1820 the family were living in Churchtown, St Allen and Philip was working as a Farm Labourer
dOES ANYONE RECOGNISE THIS FAMILY?