<< Previous - Next >>

How can I find the residence of someone who shows up on the death certificate of my aunt and can not find any other reference?

Question by ronsidsr99

Viewed: 348 times
by ronsidsr99 Profile | Research | Contact | Subscribe | Block this user
on 2013-03-04 20:43:04

ronsidsr99 has been a Family Tree Circles member since Mar 2013.

Do you know someone who can help? Share this:


by GWhiz on 2013-03-04 21:22:39

What is the name of your aunt, the name of the other person, any place names and dates? This would be a start. You could do a census search, or a BDM seach, or a newspaper search. Also, if you think the other person might be in your aunt's will, you could ask for a copy of the probate information.

A bit vague, but a start. :-)

by janilye on 2013-03-05 00:35:38

If the name is in the 'witness' column search census records for the area in which the event witnessed took place. There are usually witnesses for deaths and funerals and usually, live close at hand.
If the name is 'the informant' they are usually relatives, however not always close and often inlaws that means hours of searching births marriages and deaths.
The same goes for the name being in the column with the other children of the deceased.
I would do what GWHiz suggests first. Could just be the name of the doctor, the nurse, the clergyman or depending on the circumstances of the death, the law.

Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.