Nio has been a Family Tree Circles member since Nov 2018.
can you give us some approx years please Nio and parents names would be a good help
Great Uncle Ted was born 'John Edward Meaclem' , born 13/1/02 (?) and had a sister called Matilda and a brother , my grandad...never knew his christian name :(
Well Nio, your great grandparents were: William Meaclem (1855-1923) & Alice King (1865-1905). Their children were:
1885 - 1936 Robert Henry Meaclem
1886 - 1965 William Meaclem
1888 - 1965 Frederick Meaclem
1890 - Matilda Margaret Meaclem
1890 - 1891 Elizabeth Rose Meaclem
- Matilda & Elizabeth were twins. Elizabeth died aged 4 months
1892 - 1976 John Edward 'Ted' Meaclem
- your great uncle was born 13 Jan 1892 not 1902 :)
1894 - 1895 Florence Lilly Meaclem
1895 - John Meaclem
1900 - 1900 Florence Jane Meaclem
- died aged 5 months
* I think that William & Alice also brought up, or at least contributed to, the upbringing of an illegitimate child of their son William
* When your great uncle Ted went to war he listed his sister Matilda as his next of kin and she was living in Auckland at that time. She was a nurse
Ted married Mabel Cooke from Foxton in 1919 and they lived in Ashburton.
So, from all those children I will need some more info from you to determine which one was your grandfather
By the way, your great grandparents, William & Alice Meaclem, were from County Cavan, Northern Ireland
Ngaire you are wonderful!!!! that is magnificent!!! I will delve further and get back to you in the next couple of days I hope
Well Ngarie, Ive been digging and have found stuff!!!!
apparently Thomas Meaclem married Rose Mckeldie, their son William born 1853 Died 1923 married Alice King 10/6/1884, Alice born 1865 died 1905...can I rewrite this and in a better form and send as attachment????...Im not sure how accurate all I have is, but would value your look at it!!
I suggest you rewrite this INSIDE the above, original post. What you write can be edited, updated and amended as many times as you like then.
SO, you will see on the posting:
Journal by 'Nio' - 'Owner Edit' - 'Favorite'
Click on Owner Edit. This opens the post. Along the top is the 'Heading'... I am trying to find the members of the etc. Below that is a 'Box'/'Main Body' where you can write whatever you like.
When finished scroll down to the end of page and click on Click to Submit
* Just above that is a long box which says 'Surnames' Add all or any names that are in your post. Write in capital letters, no gaps but comma inbetween. Example .. MEACLEM,MCKELDIE,KING, etc
Just follow the above steps every time you want to add info or edit or whatever.
I look forward to seeing what you have
Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.
Join over 170,000 others who are connecting with their cousins and common researchers!
FamilyTreeCircles is easy and free.