BAWDEN: Stephen and Mary TERRILL BAWDEN's 7 of 8 children came to the US
Seperate bios for 2-8 will be on seperate pages.
I. Elizabeth nmn: ch 10 July 1838 on Green Lane in Redruth, UK. She died 24 June 1840 in Redruth, before the family moved to Cuba
2. Stephen Douglas: ch 13 Sept 1843 in Cobra, Cuba, m. Mary Ella "Ella" WOODWARD in Davenport on 20 May 1869 in a double ceremony in the WOODWARD home with Ella's sister Cornelia Rebecca "Cornie" and JB (John Baker) PHELPS. Stephen died 1 Aug 1917 in his 1315 E. 11th St. home in Davenport. Ella died in their home 18 July 1932. They had 4 children: Mary Elizabeth, Benjamin WOODWARD, Edward TERRILL, and Stephen PHELPS They are buried in Oakdale Cemetery.
3. Dr. Henry Lightbourne: ch 28 Dec 1845 in Cobra, Cuba, m. Bella/Bell (Isabella?) Murtha / Martha ANGEL / ANGELL on 28 Jan 1877 in the Presbyterian Church at 6th and Brady in Davenport, Scott, IA. They divorced. Henry m. Ida ELBERTS (no b/d date). They were divorced. Henry died 22 Jan 1919 in Ismay, Montana and is buried in Oakdale Cemetery. Henry and Bella had 5 children: Harry E., Dr. George Stephen, James Albert, Clark J, and Mae Ella.
4. William: ch 2 Feb 1849 in England (no location, poss. Redruth), d. 10 Apr 1851 in Norristown, Montgomery, Pennsylvania
5. Mary TERRILL: b 9 May 1851 in Norristown, Pennsylvania, moved to Rockingham when she was 9 yo. m. John LOWERY/LOWRY ILES in Davenport 7 Feb 1871. Mary died 6 Feb 1894, John died 17 Dec 1939 in Magnolia Springs, Alabama. They had 3 children: Mary Louise, Alice Gansert, John Thomas all in Davenport.
6. Thomas John b 10 Feb 1853 in Norristown, Pennsylvania, came to Rockingham when he was 4 yo. m. Anna "Annie" BENTON in Davenport, dtr of Richard and Margaret PENNYPACKER HIGH, b. 26 Mar 1858. Thos platted that part of town known in plat books as Bawden's Addn and he named 3 streets after his daughters (no sons). Ada Street no longer exists - now Johnson Ave., Elsie Avenue, Minnie Avenue. Thos died 14 Jan 1914 in the family home he built at 3215 Rockingham Rd. Anna died there 29 Nov 1933.
7. George Washington: this writer's lineage b. 9 May 1859 in Norristown, Pennsylvania. m. Jennie Eldridge, dtr of Jacob Mullen and Mary HIGH WILLIAMS on 14 Mar 1885 in Davenport in the ELDRIDGE home. They had 3 sons: Albert Ralph, George Ray and Harry ELDRIDGE. George Washington Bawden died in Excelsior Spgs, Missouri of diabetes on 23 Mar 1905 and is buried in Oakdale with Jennie on her father's lot. Jennie died1 Apr 1959 in Davenport in her daughter-in-law's home.
8. Albert L. b 18 July 1861 in Rockingham, Scott, IA; d 10 Aug 1861 and is buried with his parents in Oakdale.