LAND TRANSFERS - Wellington, New Zealand 1908
From the EVENING POST 22 December 1908
(my additions should be obvious)
LAND TRANSFER ACT NOTICE
... Notice is hereby given that the several parcels of land hereinafter described will be brough under the provisions of "The Land Transfer Act, 1908" unless caveat be lodged forbidding the same on or before the 18th day of January 1909
4212 ROBERT THORBURN TURNBULL (1865-1923) - 1484 acres, Sections 47, 49, 51, 126 and parts Sections 43, 44, 46, 50, 52, 54, 55, 56 and 110, Ohariu District.
- Occupied by L. LARSEN as Manager
- Robert was born in Te Aro, Wellington. He lived in Lowry Bay, Wellington. He was well known in the horse racing circles being a member and vice-president of the Wellington Racing Club He died aged 58 in a Motor Accident
4255 HERRMAN LEWIS - 20.3 perches, part Section 10, Ohiro District.
- Occupied by Mr MONKHOUSE
4259 FRANCIS SIDEY (1836-1926) - 9 perches, part Section 127, City of Wellington.
- Francis Sidey & Co Auctioneers, Cuba Street Extension, Wellington
4263 JAMES SALMONS FIELD (1853-1936) - 202 acres 3 roods 31 perches, Sections 27 and 29 Ohariu District.
- Occupied by Applicant
4265 CATHERINE MICKLEJOHN HERCOCK (nee REID 1844-1918) - 3 acres and 29.4 perches, part Sections 19 and 20, Town of Carterton.
- Occupied partly by Mary Gertrude HEWSON and partly by George SAUNDERS
- Catherine married William Hercock (1833-1902)
- a daughter, Mary Ellen Hercock was born in Carterton 1879, married
Albert Edward RICE (1884-1961) in 1906 and died in Taumarunui.
- a son, Daniel Hercock (1864-1932) married Harriet LAWRENCE
- a son, Harry (1863-1931) married Caroline Eliza Lawrence in 1891
4276 ALICE MAUD MARY PALMER (1861-1956) - 22 perches, part Section 726, City of Wellington.
Diagrams may be inspected at this office. Dated this 16th day of December 1908,at the Lands Registry Office, Wellington.J. M. BATHAM, District Land Registrar