kncj , from Dannevirke, Southern Hawkes Bay, New Zealand, has been a Family Tree Circles member since Jan 2012.
Laura Lavinia Isabel FOSTER (1856-1928) married James Alder STRATFORD in 1881 in New Zealand
when she had their first child in Tinakori, Wellington in 1881 the newspaper, the Evening Post, reported:
... BIRTH - STRATFORD - On the 4th of December, at her residence, Tinakori Road, Mrs James Alder Stratford, of a son. Sydney and Canterbury papers please copy which means she had family in Australia to tell of the event
Laura died 10 January 1928 aged 71 in Dannevirke and buried PLOT 18 - BLOCK ZC - SECTION MAIN at Mangatera cemetery
Her husband, James Alder Stratford died 9 years later and is buried with her
- James was born in Wellington to James STRATFORD & Elizabeth KEY originally from London
the children of James Alder STRATFORD & Laura Lavinia Isabel FOSTER:
1882 - 1884 Archibald George Foster Stratford
- Archibald died aged 13 months
1885 - 1958 James Alder Stratford
- James married Fanny FIECKEN (1886-1962) in 1906
- James is buried with Fanny Plot 18, Block CL at Mangatera Dannevirke
1887 - 1962 Elizabeth Louisa Stratford
- Elizabeth married Christopher James CHAPMAN (1875-1964) in 1908
- Christopher was a Carpenter in Dannevirke
- Elizabeth & Christopher are buried Plot 40, Block LB Mangatera cemetery
1888 - ? Jessie Evelyn Stratford
- Jessie possibly married William James JACKSON in 1908
1890 - 1970 David Alexander Stratford
- David married Sarah Ellen O'CONNELL (1902-1958) in 1922
- he is buried with Sarah in Plot 32, Block BE at Mangatera Dannevirke
1891 - 1891 - Agnes Hypathia Lavinia Stratford
- Agnes died aged 10 weeks
1894 - 1968 Thomas Alfred Stratford
- no spouse found at this time
1897 - 1965 Marguerite Jane Alberta Stratford
- Marguerite married Wiliam Thomas Samuel ELLIS (1893-1973) in 1920
Thanks for that - much quicker response than I'd expected!
However, You do have an error -
"1885 - 1958 James Alder Stratford
- James married Fanny FIECKEN (1886-1962) in 1906"
Fannie was actually Fannie Drinkwater (please note spelling of christian name also)
I knox this as I have their marriage certificate in front of me as I type this. Actual wedding date is June 27 1906. They were my great grandparents.
Do you have anything on Laura Lavinia's Australian history? Parents, hometown? etc.
Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.
Join over 80,000 others who are connecting with their cousins and common researchers!
FamilyTreeCircles is easy and free.