LEER FAMILY TO CONNECT
CAUTION: I have made an attempt to connect these Leers but I cannot guarantee I have done it correctly. I am hoping someone can help or correct me if I am wrong. I am a direct descendant from William Richard Leer and Charlotte Jane Sutton. In my research I have not found any of the Leers spelt LEAR
LEERS TO CONNECT
?Christopher Leer married Jane Elmes 13/2/1702 Saint Giles, Cripplegate. Is he connected?
?John Leer married Ann Morchant 1/10/1752 Westminster, London
Christopher Jacob Leer (widow) married Mary Aikman (widow) 7/9/1760 Saint Olave Southwark. He died 1786 Kent (Will). Mary died 1806 Fort Place, Bermondsey (Will).
1. Christopher Jacob Leer bapt 14/2/1762 Saint Olave Southwark, Surrey, Occ: Coachmaker. He married Hannah Viner 1784 St George in Borough. He died c 1822,Surrey(Will). Hannah died 1833 12 Bridge Rd Lambeth (Will)
(i) J Christopher John Leer c 1787-1791 Lambeth (coachmaker) Possibly 3 marriages;?1st to unknown 2nd to Elizabeth Arnold MarQ 1842 St Olave,Southwark and 3rd to Alice Rachel Selway SeptQ 1859 Lambeth. He died JunQ1870 Croydon aged 83.
(ii) Mary Leer c 1790 Died SeptQ 1854 Bromley, Kent (will)
(iii) Augusta Leer 28/8/1791 St Mary’s Lambeth. She married Andrew McLauchlan 18/8/1823. Andrew died JunQ 1859 Holborn. Augusta died MarQ 1862, Lambeth
(iv) Hannah Leer c 1795 Died JunQ 1847 Bromley, Kent (will)
(v) James Leer c 1797 Lambeth (coachmaker) m Jane Emily Baskerville 25/8/1837. James died JunQ 1870 Croydon aged 73. Jane died JunQ 1871 Croydon aged 55.
James Leer and Mary Ann (was this the same James? 1st marriage)
1. James Daniel Leer b 2/8/1818 bapt 23/8/1818 Saint John
Horseleydowns, Bermondsey, London
2. Jane Ferrin (Fervin) Leer b 6/9/1820 Saint John
Horseleydowns, Bermondsey, London
(vi) Charles Leer c 1799-1802 Lambeth (coachmaker) m Catherine Brown 1825 St James,Clerkenwell. Catherine died DecQ 1870 Camberwell aged 75. Charles died DecQ 1884 Camberwell aged 85
1. Christopher Thomas Leer b 28/9/1827 bapt 16/11/1827 Saint Andrew Holborn, London.
2. Charles Samuel Leer born c 1827 Clerkenwell Middlesex. Occ- Clerk
(vii) Elizabeth Leer c 1800 Lambeth m John Adams 23/4/1827 Saint John the Evangelist, Lambeth.
(viii) Ann Viner Leer 30/8/1801 St Mary’s Lambeth. She married George Adams 7/11/1833. She died JunQ1870 Gravesend, Kent aged 67
2. James Leer bapt 29/7/1764 Saint Olave, Southwark, Surrey
3.? William Richard Leer c 1770 or earlier/later? m 1st to unknown. 2nd to Frances Berrington 22/11/1801St Mary Magdalene Bermondsey and 3rd to Charlotte Jane Sutton 26/8/1804, Rotherhithe. He died 1806 King’s Row, Walworth, Surrey/London.Occ: Baker? (Will) 450 pounds left to Charlotte.
(i) ?William (Richard) Leer C ?1790 married Mary Baynton 1815 St James Clerkenwell
1. William Richard Leer 6/7/1817 bapt 31/12/1820 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- House decorator
2. George Christopher Leer 15/8/1819 bapt31/12/1820 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- Master painter
3. Charles Edward Leer 15/5/1822 bapt 16/6/1822 Saint Mary-St Marylebone Rd, Saint Marylebone, London. Occ- Journeyman painter
(ii) John Henry Leer bapt 26/5/1804 St Mary’s Newington, Surrey. Occ-coal porter/ag labourer. Married Mary Ann Box 23/7/1826
Children: 1. Sarah Mary Anne 2. John Henry 3. Charlotte 4. William Richard 5. James Joseph 6.Elizabeth 7. Fanney 8. George. All born Surrey. See other post for details.
NB: The majority of the 2008 Eng BMD’s to 1900 belong to the above Leer Families