LIPPINCOTT LINEAGE - Each Line Posted Numerically - #1. Edward LIPPINCOTT in 1541 to Richard LIPPINCOTT in 1615.
My LIPPINCOTT line starts with Rebecca LIPPINCOTT, 2nd wife of Duncan Campbell ELDRIDGE. I don't have any of her siblings, so this is also a query. My reference begins in Duncan's bio - Duncan and Rebecca met probably in Haddonfield, NJ, as 'they were childhood friends'. married in Cincinnati, Hamilton, OH on 4 November 1829.
Rebecca was born 23 January 1807 in Haddonfield, dtr of Micajah and Sarah ROBERTS LIPPINCOTT. I have no ROBERTS BMD or lineage either. I have a photo of Rebecca. Email me and I'll send it.
Duncan was married to Rachel BROWN(E) on 8 Jan 1823 in Haddonfield. In 1824 they moved to Rochester, Monroe, NY. She died in 1827 after 18 mos. of marriage and 3 children. Only 1st child Jacob survived who is my 3g-grandfather. My reference says Rachel was possibly a descendant of Henery [yes sp] BROWNE of Mansfield Twp, Burlington, NJ. He may/may not have been her father.
I. Edward LIPPINCOTT b 1541 (no date, place, or other info except son Bartholomew).
A. Bartholomew LIPPINCOTT b 1567 (no date) in Sydbury/Sodbury/Sudbury, Devon, England, married Alice (no maiden) who was born 1571 in Sydbury. She died before 27 Mar 1635 in England. He died after Jan 1632 in East Wood (Eastwood?), Biddleford, Devon, England.
1. Anthony LIPPINCOTT b 4 Nov 1503 in Sydbury m. Margery/Katherine WEARE b 1595 Tregony, Cornwall, England. Anthony died 8 Jan 1619 in Biddleford. Margery also died in England (no date, place). No issue listed except Richard.
a. Richard LIPPINCOTT b 15 Mar 1615 in Stonehouse, Plymouth, Devon(shire), England m. Abigail GOODY 14 Oct 1640 in Roxbury, Suffolk, MA b ca 1621, Northumberland, England, d 2 Jun 1667 Shrewsbury, Monmouth, NJ. She signed a will on 5 Jun 1697 in Shrewsbury. She was buried on 5 Jun 1697 in Friends Burial Ground, Monmouth, NJ. Richard d. 25 Nov 1683 in Monmouth County, NJ.
Children of Richard LIPPINCOTT and Abigail GOODY:
1. Remembrance LIPPINCOTT (male) b 19 Sep 1641 (no location)
2. John LIPPINCOTT b 6 Nov 1644 (no location)
3. Abigail LIPPINCOTT b 17 Jan 1645/46 (no location)
4. Freedom LIPPINCOTT (male) b 1 Sep 1655 Stonehouse Parish, Plymouth, Devon, England; name chosen 'in commemoration of father's release from prison in Exeter' for siding with the Quakers. Freedom married Mary CURTIS b 1655 in Burlington, NJ, d 1697 in Burlington. Btw 1680-97, he was a tanner and blacksmith in Bridgeborough, Burlington, NJ. d 15 Jun 1687 in Willingboro, Burlington, NJ by lightning strike while shoeing a horse.
Freedom's 2nd son, Thomas LIPPINCOTT, was born 28 Dec 1686 in Shrewsbury, Monmouth, NJ. (no other issue listed for Freedom and Mary). Thomas married Mary HAINES on 19 Dec 1711 in Newton, Gloucester(Sussex), NJ. Mary was born 20 Apr 1693 in Evesham Twp, Burlington, NJ, She died 1729 in Evesham/Cinnaminson. He was a member of the Society of Friends (Quaker) btw 1704-1759 in Burlington, NJ. He purchased 1,034-acres extending from Pennsauken River to Swedes Run, joining the No-se-ne-men-si-on Native American tract. He built his first house in 1711. On the northern border lies the village of Westfield.
The Friends Meeting House was erected in 1800 in Thomas' western field. The first and subsequent meeting of Friends in this district (Cinnaminson) was held in Thomas LIPPINCOTT's house until 1800. He signed a will on 23 May 1755 in Chester Twp, (Newton), Burlington, NJ. Thomas died 5 Nov 1757 in Chester. He was an active and useful citizen.
5. Restore/Restoration LIPPINCOTT (male) b 3 July 3 Jul 1653 Plymouth, England d 20 Jul 1741 Burlington County, NJ; married Hannah SHATTUCK/SHATTOCK 1674 Monmouth County, NJ, dtr of William SHATTUCK (no mother) b ca 1654 in MA, died in Burlington County, NJ. Restore LIPPINCOTT m. Martha SHINN after 1727 (no other info, no issue noted).
Children of Restore LIPPINCOTT and Hannah SHATTUCK
a. Samuel LIPPINCOTT b 12 Sep 1675 (no location for following)
b. Abigail LIPPINCOTT b 16 Feb 1676/77
c. Hannah LIPPINCOTT b 15 Nov 1679
d. Hope LIPPINCOTT b 1681 (no date)
e. Rebecca LIPPINCOTT b 24 Nov 1684
f. James LIPPINCOTT b 11 Jun 1687 Shrewsbury, Monmouth, NJ, d 11 Jun 1760 Burlington County, NJ
g. Elizabeth LIPPINCOTT b 15 Mar 1689/90
h. Jacob LIPPINCOTT b 1692 (no date)
i. Rachel LIPPINCOTT b 8 Jan 1694/95
6. Increase LIPPINCOTT (female) b 5 Dec 1657 (no location)
7. Jacob LIPPINCOTT b 11 May 1660 (no location)
8. Preserved LIPPINCOTT (male) b 25 Feb 1662/63 (no location)
In my ELDRIDGE-BAWDEN Families gene study (see below), I have allied families who married LIPPINCOTTS. I don't have the lineage for these names.
A. Wallace LIPPINCOTT Junior of Waterford, Gloucester Co., NJ who bought land from Duncan ELDRIDGE 14 Dec 1824.
b. Bathsheba MATLACK/LOCK 7th child of John and Mary HANCOCK MATLACK, married Ezekiel LIPPINCOTT (no other info)
c. Anna MATLACK/LOCK first child of John MATLACK Jr (son of above) m. John LIPPINCOTT (no other info)