Looking for ancestors of Claud BROWNLIE and Jean BLACK.
Claude BROWNLIE was first a farmer, then a shopkeeper and engineer. He married Jean BLACK and had 9 children. He died in 1901, aged 81. Both buried in Old Monkland Cemetery, Coatbridge.
1) Claude b. 19 Mar 1856 - d. 3 Apr 1950 He was born at Coatbridge, Lanarkshire and became a minister in United Free Church and was in Stronsay for about 35 years.
2) Bethen b. 1858 - d.1888 She married GEMMEL, emigrated to New Zealand, had 4 children and died in mysterious circumstances.
3) Gavin married Fanny BISSET, had many children, died at Broxburn.
4) Thomas b. 1862 - d. 1863. Died of scarlet fever.
5) Janet b. 1864 married Robert GENTLES, died in Coatbridge and was buried with her parents in Old Monkland Cemetery, Coatbridge.
6) Jean married William SMITH, emigrated to Tasmania after 1st World War.
7) Helen married BRESLIN, a dental surgeon in Windsor, Ontario, Canada and died there.
8) William, became a minister, married twice, had no children and died in U.S.A.
9) Robert married ?Marion?, had no children, died aged 78 in Coatbridge.