RowanM has been a Family Tree Circles member since Oct 2018.
Louisa Jackson & Robert Gillies married 28 October 1897.
Annie Grae Gillies: Born 3 March 1898.
Mother: Louisa Jackson. Father: Robert Gillies. No registered siblings under the surname Gillies.
Louisa names Annie Grace Gillies as her only child in her will in 1922. Louisa is named as a widow so Robert must have died before this date.
Annie married Richard Ernest Beaver on 9 July 1925 at St. Michael's and All Angels Church, Kelburn, Wellington. Link to article published in Evening Post 11 July 1925: https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/EP19250711.2.91?end_date=31-12-1925&query=gillies+beaver&start_date=01-01-1925
Annie Grace Gillies(Beaver) died in Featherston on 29 November 1938.
Her Will only names husband Richard and her ‘2’ children Kenneth Richard Gillies Beaver and Beverley Joy Beaver. Her gravestone names three children with the addition of Lyndsy.
Many thanks for this information.
Annie Grace Beaver (nee Gillies) would have been my grandmother.
I am the only daughter of Beverley Joy Pauling (nee Beaver, previous marriage name Gilmer) who is now deceased.
I was always told that there were three children and that unfortunately Annie died while giving birth to Lyndsy Beaver.
After this time the three children were sent to an orphanage in Masterton.
Are you a distant family relation?
Rowan Maru (nee Gilmer)
* Annie Grave Gillies (1898-1938) was the daughter of Louisa Jackson (1870-1922) & Robert Gillies
* Louisa Jackson (Annie's mother) was born in Featherston, the 3rd of 9 children of Elizabeth Grace (1842-1926) & Charles Welby Jackson (1839-1926), whose father was Sir John Jackson (1799-1869)
(Annie's paternal grandfather), 1st Baronet, Director of the Honourable East India Company. He held the office of Member of Parliament for Dover. He was Private Secretary to Lord Keith. He was created 1st Baronet Jackson, of Arlsey, Co. Bedford on 22 May 1815). He died in Lower Hutt 2 June 1869, 8 days after his wife Honoria Anna Maria nee Daniell (1810-1869)
* Elizabeth Grace (Annie's maternal grandmother) was born in England (& brought up in Wainuiomata), a daughter of John Charles Grace (1807-1886) & Anna Maria Leybourne
see child ... 5 Elizabeth Grace on that journal
* Annie's father, Robert Gillies, left the family when she was about 1-2 and Louisa chased him for maintenance through the courts
* When Annie's mother, Louisa Gillies, died on 10 May 1922, her husband Robert Gillies was not mentioned ..
Evening Post, 10 May 1922
GILLIES - On the 10th May 1922, at Wellington Hospital, Louisa Gillies, eldest daughter of Charles Welby and Elizabeth Jackson, of Eastbourne, in her 52nd year. Private interment. No flowers (by request)
Louisa is buried plot 248 B, CH ENG2 at Karori
* When Annie married Richard Beaver in 1925, her father Robert Gillies is not mentioned .. only daughter of the late Mrs L. Gillies ..
However, a Robert Gillies (1870-1913) of Martinborough, died in Greytown Hospital in July 1913. A wife was not mentioned when he died, just a sister in Greytown and brother Hugh in Palmerston North
sorry, Annie Grace Gillies not Annie Grave :)
Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.
Join over 170,000 others who are connecting with their cousins and common researchers!
FamilyTreeCircles is easy and free.