Looking for descendants of [b]Thomas BOTT[/b] and [b]Mary MARRIOTT[/b] of...
Looking for descendants of Thomas BOTT and Mary MARRIOTT of Brigstock, Northamptonshire, ENG. He was born in about 1772 and she in about 1777. Mary died in Brigstock in September 1856 and was buried there.
They had 8 children:-
1) William Joseph BOTT bp. 1 Jun 1803 Wellingbrough, Northamptonshire. William married before 1850 in SA but don't know name of wife as yet - and had children Isabella, James Peter, and Selina. William married again to Mary Patrick in 1856 and had another child Samuel Solon. William came to South Australia with William's parents in 1846. The daughter Isabella married Thomas James Bishop and had 8 children. James Peter married Lydia Stearne and had 8 children. Selina died at the age of 3 years and was buried at Hindmarsh cemetery. I don't know what happened to the child from the second marriage.
2) Elizaneth BOTT bp 11 Apr 1806 Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. She married on 16 May 1850 at Brighton, Northamptonshire to Joshua Goode. No further research yet completed.
3) Sarah BOTT bp 9 Jan 1811 Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. No further research completed.
4) John Sorrell BOTT bp 9 Jan 1811 Wellingborough, Northamptonshre. Married 5 Apr 1830 Brigstock, Northants to Rebecca LOVELL. John died 4 Oct 1859 Hay Valley, SA; Rebecca died 8 Apr 1882 at Yahl, SA. John is buried at Hay Valley and Rebecca at Yahl. They had 10 children - Sarah Jane 1829-1922 married to Thomas George Morley & had 10 kids; Mary Ann 1832-1903 married to William Haines & had 13 kids; Charlotte 1833-1896 married to George Heaver and had 9 kids; Abraham Lovell 1835-?; Maria Thompson Bott 1838-1893 married to James William Haines and had 11 kids; Jane Rebecca 1840-?; William John Joseph Lovell Bott 1842-1909 married to Matlida Jane Gartrell and had 9 kids; un-named son 1846-1846; John 1846-1851; Thomas 1857-1937 married to Julia Charlotte Brooks and had 7 kids.
5) Thomas BOTT bp 7 Apr 1813 Wellingborough, Northamtonshire. Married 14 Dec 1845 Brigstock, Northants to Mary Shortland and had 3 children - Louisa 1847-? married to John William Jenkinson and had 11 kids; John 1849-1926 married to Fanny Elizabeth Finn and had 6 kids; Cordelia 1858-1859.
6) Samuel BOTT bp 18 Apr 1816 Brigstock, Northamptonshire. Married 24 Mar 1845 Geddinton, Northants to Sarah Shortland (sister of Mary who married Thomas above) and had 7 kids - William Joseph 1849-? married to Sarah Ann Jackson and had 10 kids; John Thomas Shortland Bott 1851-1939 married to Mary Jane Hillman and had 2 sons; Edwin Bott 1854-1857; Emeline Edith 1856-1945 married to Frank Attrill and had 8 kids; Levi Bott 1858-1936 married to Agnes Martrapanma Commyns and had 8 kids; Caroline 1861-aft 1900 married to John Brook and had 5 kids; Mary 1863-aft 1905 married to William Lewis White and had 5 kids.
7) Jonathon BOTT1819-1822
8) Ann Elizabeth BOTT 1820-? married c 1855 to John Pratt and had 4 children. No further research completed.
The BOTT family arrived in SA in 1846 aboard the Isabella Watson