Gerrygee40 has been a Family Tree Circles member since Dec 2011.
Frederick PEIPER married Jane Agnes CLARKE on 26 July 1875 probably in Christchurch
Thank you. Do you know date of death
Frederick & Jane had 3 known children:
1877 - 1878 Frederick Henry Peiper
- Frederick died aged 15 months
1878 - Arthur William Peiper
- it is possible Arthur married Ruby Annie BOSUSTOW and that they died in Victoria, Australia
1879 - 1935 Dora Agnes Peiper
- In 1901 she served as a Nurse in Pretoria, South Africa Boer War. She was mentioned in Lord Kitchener's Despatches in 1902 and was awarded a gold medal in recognition of her services at the front. She was sub-matron of St Helen's Maternity Hospital in Wellington until 1906 when she was appointed matron of the Maternity Hospital in Auckland
- she married William OLIPHANT in 1911
his wife Jane died 21 April 1881 aged 26, at Lincoln Road, Addington (possibly during childbirth). She is buried PLOT 742A at Addington cemetery, Christchurch
Frederick Peiper was in and out of Court, before and after marriage, for a number of charges, breaking & entering, larceny, fighting etc
* He was granted a slaughter-house license in Windmill road in 1872
* He was charged for slaughtering a bullock on his unlicensed premises in Montreal Street, Central Christchurch in 1873
* He was a Butcher in Colombo street south when he and J. McWilliams wrote to the Council and asked them if they would be good enough to supply them with a boat or canoe for ferrying their customers across the pond in front of their premises and said they would supply the ferryman (this was obviously tongue in cheek, perhaps due to flooding) in 1875
* He had a slaughter-house license in Heathcote, Christchurch in 1877
* He was a Butcher in Addington, Christchurch in 1878
* He was charged with ill-treating a horse in Lincoln Rd in 1878
* He applied for a liquor license in Sydenham in 1882 but was refused
* He was the Proprietor of the MASONIC HOTEL in New Plymouth in 1883
BUT, at this time I don't know what happened to him after that
I have been searching for years trying to locate Frederick Peiper. Arthur William Peiper is my wife's grandfather but he was estranged from the family and we have no knowledge of his father. Thank you so much for the information.
Hi Gerrygee40, hope your still out there looking. I am a decendant of Arthur William peiper (he is my great grandfather)and im starting a family tree because i need answers to some questions that people are withholding. I am aware of an estrangement from the family due to arthur's wifes (ruby)death and when the children were placed as wards of the state. i have only recently become aware of other children of arthurs. I was lead to believe all my life that ruby and arthur only had 2 sons named herbert and leonard (leonard is my grandfather)but now am learning thatruby had three more children. hope to chat
Hi rpeiper, Herbert is my grandfather and i have been searching for info on Leonard as i have always been told he is a step brother.I also from my father( Bruce Peiper) was told of other children that ruby had. Dad before he died showed me the family tree that he put together. I do not know what happened to it but i do know that one of the uncles married a neice??? Is ther anything you could share with me? Hope to hear from you
Fredericd died october 22nd 1923.
Does anybody know if this family of Peiper are related to PIEPER who migrated to Queensland 8th August, 1863 aboard the 'La Rochelle' Johann Friedrich Wilhelm 'Wilhelm' Pieper along with his wife Louise (33)and their 3 sons, Albert, 9, Otto, 7, Wilhelm, 2.
JFW Pieper died 1896 his parents listed on the death index were John Pieper & Louisa Haisn.
Has anyone gotten any further with 'Frederick Peiper'? He's my Great Grandfather but I too have hit a brick wall.
Register or Sign in to comment on this journal.
Join over 170,000 others who are connecting with their cousins and common researchers!
FamilyTreeCircles is easy and free.