Looking for Mitchell descendants, nz
I am trying to locate any living descendants of the names mentioned. As One grand old lady named Iris ,would like to know what happened to her fathers family before she passes away. She has not got long now.
My grt grt grandparents William Mitchell and Mary Jane Parrott, they had 11 children (possibly a couple more), Most of them resided in the Northlands, Nz.
* Mary Jane Parrott b. 1865-1865 (illegitimate)
* Malcolm william (Bill) mitchell b. 1867 still trying to locate.
* Colin b. 1869 married Agnes Lane 1892, they had children william james b. aus. Ilma b. aus (m. Newlove), Elsie, samual, colin, Victor, alfred john (my grandad), Nellie & John aka jack, Nelson all born nz.
Colin snr died back in australia in 1923, along with colin jnr, sam and elsie.
* Roderick Mitchell (1871-1947) m. Leonora NEWMAN (1879-1978), NZ in 1893
- they had at least 5 children
Roderick and leonora's daughter mary jane married donald Logan. no children.
Her possessions and life left with her nephew. Much of which has now been placed in the Auckland museum. She donated a large portion of her artworks and carvings before passing away. I Have been in touch with other family members.
* Samuel Alfred Mitchell (1872-1962) m. Kate KAES, NZ in 1905 (2 children)
then m. Minnie ROBINSON in 1932
Samual did in fact marry both of these ladies, as stated on his death certificate.
cannot find his children or descendants.
* Mary Jane b. 1874 married George Bassett Morris
*John Mitchell b. 1876-1876
*Ellen Emily b. 1877 - 1949 m. Alexander Sommerville.
*John Mitchell (1879- ????) m. Emily Elizabeth BASCOMBE (1881-1913), NZ in 1899
John married Emily (poppet), who died in November 1913.
John married Eva May BASCOMBE (1889-1935), in 1914 (Poppets sister), and after that am not sure.
John & Emily had Issue -- Roseanna b. 1899, Alfred John b. 1900, Stephen b. 1902 , Rubi May b. 1905 d. 1983, Frank b. 1907 d. 1924, Rita Mary b. 1911
John and Emily's daughter Rubi never married, went to live with and care for aunty mary in Sydney. Frank drowned in the wairoa river in 1924. No death certificate found. The remaining children I have not found.
* Stephen b. 1882 - 1945. He left Bluff on board a ship using his brothers identity, sailed the seas and returned to australia abt 1910. Married Helen Rodgers Ireland and had issue. Gwendoline, Iris, Stephen, Colin & Bryant.
*there are three other children noted on parents death certificates. We have not found. Any information at all would be appreciated.