Looking for Susan Register
There are so many names I totally forget who I am looking for! My Dad's grandmother was Susan REGISTER. I even have a picture of her, but can not find her at all. My Dad was Willie Earl BRANTON b. 1/31/1939 Jackson Co., FL, d. 9/8/1998 Stone Park, IL buried at Pilgrims Rest Jackson Co., FL. His father was Howard Cue BRANTON, b. 12/31/1907 Black, AL, d. 7/1992 Chipley, Washington Co., FL buried at Pilgrim's rest in Jackson Co., FL m. Leona BARRENTINE b. 3/8/1912 Black, AL, d. 1965 Chipley, Washington Co., FL buried Pilgrims Rest Jackson Co., FL. Howard Cue's parents were Ephram BRANTON b. 10/27/1865 Geneva Co., AL d. 3/30/1944 DeLand, FL b. Pinehurst Cemetery DeLeon Springs, FL m. 1/17/1890 Frances Jane ATKINS b. 6/28/1873 Geneva Co., AL d. 2/22/1952 DeLeon Springs FL. (Her parents are listed as Robert "Bob" ATKINS and Liza (Eliza) SAPP.
Their children were:
1. Sidney William Tillman BRANTON b. 1893 d. 1918 (In France during WWI)
2. Rosa Ann BRANTON b. 1895 d. 1978 m. 1. Gus BRAZWELL m. 2 Titus TUCKER m. 3 William H. ADKINS
3. John Wesley "Wes" BRANTON b. 1897 d. 1964 m. Henrietta BUTLER
4. Frances Jane BRANTON b. 3/9/1899 d. 3/14/1996 m. Daniel Boone MCDONALD Sr.
5. Esie Lee "E.C" Or "Izzy" BRANTON b. 1901 d. 1977 m. 1 Mary Victoria BRASWELL m. 2 Edith Annie Elziabeth HARRIS
6. Connie Maple BRANTON b. 1903 d. 1966 m. Thomas George CARROLL
7. Louis or Lewis BRANTON b. 1905 d. 1926
8. Howard Cue BRANTON (see information above)
9. Artis Tue BRANTON b. 1909 d. 1982 (no info on marriages)
10. Leon B. BRANTON b. 1911 d. 1968 (no info on marriages)
Ephram BRANTON's parents are:
William R. BRANTON b. 3/23/1834 d. 9/23/1933 m. Susan REGISTER b. 10/13/1850 (some say 1848). It says and cannot be verified that her parents were William REGISTER b. abt 1808 m. Nancy ? b. abt 1810.
I have a list of William R. and Susans kids, but there are a lot of questions so until I find definite proof, I just leave it mostly alone.
William R BRANTON's parents were:
John BRANTON b. abt 1813 NC d. bef 1860 m. Anna J. (Afjane) HALEY b. abt 1822 SC d. aft 1870
1. Ainelia (Angeline) BRANTON b. abt 1841
2. Martha C. BRANTON b. abt 1841 d. abt 1892
3. Tabbitha Ann BRANTON b. abt 1847
4. William R. BRANTON b. 1834 d. 1933 (mine above)
5. Bethiam (? on spelling) BRANTON b. abt 1848
6. Eveline BRANTON b. abt 1850
7. Samuel I. BRANTON b. abt 1854
John BRANTON's parents were:
Maturan or Maturin BRANTON b. bef 1770 d. aft 1850 Columbus County, NC m. Martha GODWIN b. abt 1771 Bladen County, NC
Martha GODWIN's parents are:
David GODWIN m. Catherine PEARCE
Ok, that is about all I can think of.