My Tuff and Golding descendancy
GOLDING and TUFF DESCENDANCY
My gt, gt, gt, gt, gt grandparents
John Touf (Tuff) and Ann Page married 9/8/1766 Newington. John Touf (Tuff) was buried at Newington 29/1/1792
1. Margaret Touf (Tuff) b 23/11/1766. She was confirmed 1782 aged 16 in Newington. She married Edward Chapman from Minster, Sheppey on 4/6/1787.
A Margaret Tuff was buried 30/4/1782 at Newington. She died of a strangulated hernia Was this maybe a base child? Or another Margaret?
2. Elizabeth Ann Touf (Tuff) b 22/11/1767.
3. Ann Tou (Tuff) b abt 1769. She was confirmed in 1782 aged 13. She married Thomas Golding 2/11/1788 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne
4. Charlotte Touf (Tuff) b 2/9/1770 at Newington. She was confirmed 1786 aged 16. She was married 1st to Adam Edmed 28/10/1790 at Newington.Their children were Elizabeth Edmead 10/6/1792, James Edmead 9/9/1832, Cordelia Edmead 4/5/1834 and Marianne Edmead 30/7/1837. They were all baptised at Newington-next-Sittingbourne. Adam Edmead died 16/2/1801 and was buried at Newington 22/2/1801. Charlottes second marriage was to Richard Gladish 22/5/1807 at Chatham, Kent. His parents were Richard Gladish and Sarah Akhurst. Charlotte Gladish (nee Tuff) died 23/10/1825. Buried Newington, Sittingbourne 24/10/1825.
NB A Sarah Touf was born 18/4/1773 to parents William and Mary Touf. I wonder if William is Johns brother
My gt, gt, gt gt grandparents
Ann Tuff and Thomas Golding from above
1 William Golding b 22/3/1789 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne married Rebecca Kitchingham 31/2/1822. Witnesses Hezh Golding and Eliz Loone. They had a daughter Ann Golding b 15/2/1824 Newington and maybe a son William b abt 1821.
2 Ann Page Golding b 29/8/1790. at Newington-next-Sittingbourne married at Milton nr Sittingbourne Kent 1/4/1815 to Hezekiah Spittle b 7/2/1790 Borden, Kent. His parents were Charles and Elizabeth Spittle. They had one child Ann Elizabeth b 29/9/1816. Ann Page Spittle (nee Golding) died 1838.
3. Thomas Golding b 2/9/1792 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne married Mary b abt 1806. She was widowed by 1861. Their son Thomas may have inherited Ann and Thomass farm at Keyhole Hill, Newington.
Thomas Charles Golding b 1837 Upchurch married Susan Emma (Beeham?) Their children were John Beeham Golding b 7/5/1865, Mary Sarah Golding b 12/7/1868, Florence Fanny Golding b 21/11/1869 and Katrine Emma Golding b 12/11/1871. All born at Newington-next-Sittingbourne.
Jane Ann b Upchurch abt 1840
4. Elizabeth Golding b 24/3/1794 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne married a Thomas Scoones. She was widowed by 1861
5. Hezikah Goulding b 8/2/1801 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne married Susan Ann. Hezikiah Golding was buried 18/7/1877 at Bobbing. He died at Gillingham aged 74. Susan Ann Golding was buried at Bobbing 10/6/1866 aged 58. She died at Chatham.
Hezekiah Tuff Golden b 20/4/1833 at Bobbing. He married twice. Once to Frances Hughes on 20/11/1858. 2nd marriage to Emily btw 1861 and 1871
Edward King Golden b 20/4/1833 Bobbing,
Barbara Ellen Golden b 25/12/1834 Bobbing
Augusta Caroline Eclipse Golden b 14/5/1837 Bobbing married George Potter 26/5/1857. He was b abt 1837 and was a grocer. He was from Tudely cum Capel and his father was George also a grocer
Agnes Constantia Golden 24/11/1839 Bobbing
Keziah Ann Victoria Golden b 6/2/1842 Bobbing
Susan Ann Elizabeth Golden b 23/11/1845 Bobbing
6.Edmund Goulding b 30/3/1806 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne.
He married Sarah Ellis on 8/11/1828 at Gillingham, Kent. Sarah was b 6/1/1805 Lower Halstow to parents John and Elizabeth Ellis. Edmund died DecQ 1838?. Sarah died DecQ 1863?
7.Jemina Golding b 15/5/1808
My gt,gt,gt grandparents
Edmund and Sarah Ellis from above
1. Ann Tuft Golding my gt, gt grandmother b 5/4/1829 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne. She married Henry Swan 12/6/1856 before immigrating to Australia.
Frances Swan b 1858 Vic. She married Alexander Henry Ferguson.
Samuel Swan b 1859 Vic. Died age 5 yrs at Stratford Victoria.
Sarah Jane Swan b 1861 Vic.
Amelia Caroline Swan my gt grandmother b 1864 Vic. She married William John Quirk in Hawthorn, Vic 18/12/1893 before moving to NSW
Jessie Ann Swan b 1867. She married Frederick H Uren in Sydney in 1892
Henry Richard Swan (Harry) b 1869 Vic
Rhoda Swan b 1872. Vic
2. Edmund Golding b abt 1830 Upchurch, Kent. Married Emely Gilbert JuneQ 1860 ?.
Edmund William Golding b 2/6/1861 Lower Halstow
Elizabeth Ann Golding b 12/10/1862 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne.
Alfred Henry Golding b 9/5/1864 at Newington-next-Sittingbourne.
Emma Jane Golding b 14/6/1868 Lower Halstow.
Walter Hezekiah Golding b 15/1/1871 Lower Halstow.
Frederick Horace Golding b 14/3/1875 Lower Halstow.
They were all living in Lower Halstow, Kent in 1871. In Upchurch, Kent in 1881.
3. William Golding abt 1831 Upchurch married Ann from Newington. Their children were Phoebe b 1864 Teynham and Harriet b 1867 Chatham. They were living in Chatham in 1871