Olga ERIKSEN + Eglinton Krew HAMES - Norsewood, New Zealand
Olga Esther ERICKSEN
- was born in 1894 to Ole & Severine Amelia ERICKSEN
- her parents owned a general merchants store in Norswewood. Mr Ericksen had represented Norsewood on all important organisations for the benefit of his fellow settlers. For his unfailing and untiring efforts he earned and was called "Father of Norsewood"
- taken from the site NORSEWOOD--ORMANDWILLE .. Silver Jubilee was held on Sept 24th 1897 to celebrate the arrival of first immigrants on Sept 24 1872, Mr Wiig the Norwegian Consul gave a short history of the Norwegian flag. He then handed it to Mr. Ole Ericksen to be held in trust for the settlers of Norsewood ..
- Olga married Eglinton Krew HAMES (1895-1953) in 1917
- she died on the 9th September 1929 aged 35
- she is buried in PLOT 5 - BLOCK 3, Section: Main at Norsewood
- the HEADSTONE reads: Olga beloved wife of Eglinton HAMES called away 9 August 1929 aged 53 years, a loving wife and mother, at rest