PAYNE/PAINE Family in Dromore, Co. Down, Ireland (ca. 1800 - 1846) (emigrated to Dundee, Scotland after that)
Hello, I am descended from these people: Hugh PAYNE > Hamilton PAINE aka Hamilton PAYNE. It's possible that a wife of Hugh PAYNE was Elizabeth GRANT-- possibly a 1st or 2nd wife. My branch of the PAYNEs went to Dundee, Scotland during the Irish Famine-- one branch (mine) came to the United States in the 1920s. I am interested in all descendants & collaterals of these people. It's best to contact me at SaturnCat at yahoo dot com.
Growell is a Townland in the Dromore Parish, Co. Down, Ireland.
1. Hugh PAYNE (b. Est 1780-Growell?, Ireland?; d. Est 1840-Growell?, Ireland?)
sp: Elizabeth PARKS (b. Est 1780-Growell?, Down?, Ireland?; m. Est 1800; d. Est 1850-Growell?, Down?, Ireland?)
2. Isabella PAYNE (b. 24 Nov 1803-Growell, Ireland)
2. Hugh PAYNE (b. 9 May 1814-Growell, Ireland)
2. David PAYNE (b. 6 Dec 1818-Growell, Down, Ireland)
2. Hamilton PAINE (b. 15 Mar 1822-Growell, Co. Down, Ireland; d. 30 Sep 1892-Dundee, Scotland)
sp: Margaret MCCONNEL (b. 1822-Co. Down, Ireland; m. 1844; d. 12 Dec 1892-Dundee, Scotland)
If you are researching any of these people please contact me at SaturnCat at yahoo dot com.