George Pepper in 1853 settled in Windsor and set up his own plaster and monumental works. He had several factories manufacturing ornamental mouldings, plaster vents and concrete products. In 1870 he married Mary Ann Reed - a domestic servant residing at 24 Peel St, West Melbourne - birthplace Navern, West Meath, Ireland.
George Pepper died 1904, buried St Kilda cemetery. Survived by their six children, and the estate administered by eldest son George James Pepper.
William & Ann Pepper b England Abt 1775-- there is nothing more known of either - is anybody able to help?
Generation No. 1
Are you a Pepper?
The Peppers I am researching first planted roots in Melbourne arriving from England in 1853.
Are you related to one, perhaps you know a Pepper in Australia or England and you think they may be related to this line - if so I would like to hear from you.
Other family names I am researching are:-
BAXTER, HANCOCK, HECKFORD, HEARNS, NOSSITER, PEPPER, ROLASON, REED, THOMPSON, WALSH, WAYTE
1. GEORGE PEPPER (WILLIAM1) b Abt. 1801 in England, died 1880 in Sydney NSW. He married FRANCES MARY HODGKINS 1822 in Surrey, England. George and Frances arrived in Sydney by ship, Euphrates 5th August 1855.
A son George (Jnr) 1831 - 1904 was already in Australia, settled in Melbourne in 1853, see above.
Children of GEORGE PEPPER and FRANCES HODGKINS are:
1. MARY PEPPER, b 1823 Mortlake , Surrey, England.
2. ELIZABETH PEPPER, b.1824, Mortlake, Surrey, England.
3. GEORGE PEPPER, b. 1831 Brentford, Middlesex, England;
4. SAMUEL ROBERT PEPPER, b 1839 Brentford, Middlesex,
5. ELIZABETH ANN PEPPER, b1841, Hammersmith, London, Eng.
6. HARRIET PEPPER, b. 1844, Hammersmith, London, Eng;
7. JOHN EDWIN PEPPER, b. 1846, Hammersmith, London, Eng;
Generation No. 2
3. GEORGE PEPPER Jnr (GEORGE2, WILLIAM1) married MARY ANN REED 1870 in, Carlton , Colony of Victoria, daughter of JAMES REED and MARY HALPIN from Ireland.