Researching The following Families - HICKS, VALENTINE, PECKHAM, BEDDOWS, JACKSON, AITCHESON, BENNION, RYDER, KING, BROWN.
Researching the following Settlers whose timelines included periods spent in FIJI in the South Pacific. In most cases, all married and raised families in Fiji where they later died. -
1. JOHN HICKS originated from Woolwich, Kent, ENGLAND. Arrival in Fiji 1845.
2. WILLIAM VALENTINE originated from New York, USA, born 1811. Arrival in Fiji mid 1830s.
3. OLIVER BROWN originated from Boston, Massachusetts, USA (B. 1816).
4. THOMAS BROWN originated from the USA, City and State unknown.
5. JOHN KING originated from CHINA, Eurasian.
6. AITCHESON origins yet unknown.
7. THOMAS RYDER origins to be verified. His son ABRAHAM RYDER married William Valentine's daughter Emmaline.
8. WILLIAM BENNION born 1819 Place of birth unknown. He is listed under the 1875 Census as being of age 54 during 1873 when the Census was being compliled.
on 2013-10-05 18:53:55
Researching the following ANCESTORS who settled in FIJI in the South Pacific -
1. WILLIAM VALENTINE originally from New York, USA.
2. JOHN HICKS originally from Woolwich, Kent, England.
3. JOHN KING originally from China.
Profile picture is of JOHN KING and is the property of The FIJI MUSEUM.