Richard SIMM & Alice DOLMAN - Cambridge New Zealand
Richard was born about 1858 and a grocer when he joined the Duke of Cambridge Lodge, 22 April 1884. His wife was Alice nee Dolman and they had *four children - Frank, Albert, Ada and Annie.
Richard was Noble Grand for June, July and August 1888 and periodically on the sickness register from 1886 until end of June 1892 with pleurisy.
The Waikato Times newspaper of 31 May 1892 has Richard's obituary "On Friday night Mr R Simm, grocer of Duke Street succumbed to phthysis, from which he has suffered for some years. Deceased was an old member of the local lodge of Oddfellows and he was followed to the grave by his brethren and a host of friends and sympathisers; indeed, the funeral procession was an enormous one. Deceased leaves a widow and four small children to mourn their loss."
There is no headstone at the Cambridge cemetery.
His widow, Alice Simm continued as a grocer and general storekeeper, then married Arthur St George Forbes in 1894. Another daughter Kitty was born 7 October 1896.
... * NOTE - I have found 6 children for Richard & Alice
1882 - 1883 Albert Edward Simm
- Albert was born on 28 January 1882
- he died 27 January 1883 1 day before his 1st birthday
1884 - 1952 Ada Simm
- Ada married John Blennerhassett BEECHE (1883-1971) in 1914
1886 - 1971 Albert Edward Simm
- Albert married Mabel STOCK (1895-1967) in 1919
1887 - 1888 Frank Simm
- Frank died aged 15 months
1889 - 1919 Annie Mildred Simm
- Annie married Robert Albert MACE (1891-1965) in 1915
- she died aged 29
- Robert remarried in 1924 to Very Colyton MILLEN (1894-1995)
1891 - 1939 William Norman Simm
- William was born on 16 December 1891 and was 6 months old when his father died.
- William mraried Mary Elizabeth PASSELL (1885-1960) in 1930
- William died in 1939 aged 48
In 1894 Alice remarried to Arthur St George FORBES
- they had a daughter:
1896 - Kitty Forbes
- nothing known