Robert and Henry Parsons- Ireland >1843-45Canada>Robert>Michigan 1871
ROBERT and Henry Parsons:
Two brothers ROBERT Henry came to Canada from Ireland about 1843-1846. Not sure if they came through the U.S. or went directly to Ontario, Canada.
Henry Parsons: b. in Ireland in about 1812 was married to Elizabeth Hanbury; they had 4 children:
1.Sarah Parsons married Edward Carr
The Carr children: Alice, Henry, John (married Louise Spicer), Elizabeth, Frances
2.John Hanbury Parsons MD, b. 1856; d. 1900 unmarried
3.Eliza Parsons married George W. Prittie
The Prittie Children: Edgar James, 1883-1964, Harry Hanbury, b. 1885, Eleanor Kate, 1888-1951
and Arthur George, b. 1892
4.Frances Parsons, b. 16 Jul 1860;d. 27 Jul 1919 unmarried
Henry and Elizabeth lived in Toronto CA and are buried in the Toronto, CA.
ROBERT PARSONS born in Ireland about 1817 - had 4 wives.
1. wife #1 could have come with him from Ireland, they had one son Thomas, born abt 1846. Thomas is in the 1871 census with his Father and step family in District, N. Norfork, Simcoe, Ontario CA
2. Robert married in Mar 1851 Wife #2: Margaret Fee, b. abt. 1831 in CA, according to 1851 census (Canada West, Wellington Ct. Garafraxa Township) Margaret died in childbirth in 1851.
3. Margaret Morris was #3; b. abt. 1841 Scotland married Robert abt. 1859, had 3 sons:
3a: Joseph, b. 1860 in Ontario, CA; d. 26 Dec 1916, Sandusky, OH; mar. 24 Sep 1883 to Carrie Louisa Benson, b. abt 1866; d. abt. 1889. Joseph mar. 2nd Lillie Jenkins. Children of Joseph and Carrie: Margaret Mae, Carleton (Carl) and Clare L
3b: Gabriel, b. 1862 in Ontario, CA; d. aft. 1889 and before 1910; mar. Jennie Loveridge 8 Nov 1888; children, Grant Loveridge, b. 4 Aug 1888 in Flatrock MI , d after 1919; John E Parsons, b. abt 1894.
3c: Ashley, b. 1868 in Ontario, CA, mar. Agnes Willets on 12 Jun 1890 in Grand Traverse, MI. Children of Ashley and Agnes Parsons; Maybelle H., b. 1892 OH; mar. Earl W. Rahn; children, Dorothy and Jean; Beryle Joy, b. 1893, d. 1990, OH; mar. Stanton C Gunnett, son Robert; Harold F., b. 1896, Flatrock MI, mar. Virginia Speed and Margaret Pate.
All three (Joseph, Gabriel and Ashley) are in the 1871 census (Canada West, Wellington Ct. Garafraxa Township) and the 1880 Census in Monroe County, MI in the town of Maybee.
4. MARY MOORE was Robert's 4th wife. She was b. 24 May 1843, mar. Robert on 27 Nov. 1872 in Brantford, Ont. CA.
1. Ella Maud Parsons: b.18 Jan 1874 Flat Rock, MI. d.20 Dec. 1928 in Flat Rock, MI. Married - Bryon Wentworth Holt.
2. Edna Earl Parsons: b.28 Oct 1878 in Flat Rock, MI. d.11 Nov. 1948 in Flat Rock. MI.
3. Rev Dr. St. Clare Parsons : b.4 May 1880. d. 1 May 1966 in Atlanta, GA. Married - Mary Barningham.
The marriage record of Robert and Mary Parsons listed Robert as 42, widower, clergyman, b. Mead Ireland, living Flatrock MI, son of John and Sarah. Mary, 28, b. Brantford, CA, daughter of Alexander and Mary.
I would like any information of this family, especially information that leads back to John and Sarah Parsons in Ireland. NOTE: John could have been married to Phoeba Easton-Ireland. Website:Parsons Family Information. Email information to: [email protected]