ST ANDREWS PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH - Ontario -Canada
from some of the records we came across on our research
source:St. Andrews Presbyterian Church,. (Ontario).
This seems to have been the original name of the church. At one point (1857?) it changed its name to the United Presbyterian Church, Galt. On the registers the name appears as the Second Congregation, Canada Presbyterian Church, Galt, starting in 1862, only to then become Melville Church Congregation in November 1866.
In the introductory paragraph regarding the original name of the church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, a Presbyterian Church in Connection with the Church of Scotland, was begun in 1832. The first minister was the Rev. William Stewart of Kenmore, Scotland, who arrived in Canada in 1831. St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church joined with Union Presbyterian Church on May 18, 1880 to form Central Presbyterian Church. The history of Union Presbyterian Church to that point in time is complicated.
Till we meet again - Regards - edmondsallan