Stage Coach Depot - Evergreen House.
Stephen and Sarah Pioneered the Evergreen district on the Darling Downs. When the railway line was built west across the Downs, Jondaryan was the railhead for the district. For the convenience of settlers, there was a coach running between Jondaryan and Nanango from about 1870. Stephen and Sarah Patch ran a Stagecoach Boarding House and Shop called Evergreen House, (Pictured) to cater for passengers during the stopover at Evergreen.
The Jondaryan to Nanango coach ran casually from 1870 to 1880 and carried passengers and mail, with a regular run three times a week introduced in 1890. Wagons carried goods, and beer was brought by bullock wagon from Jondaryan to Cooyar. In these early times, the whole district was named Evergreen and Evergreen was the centre.