STOKES: Thomas marries Mary BARNARD of Stephney Parish, London and they came on the "Kent" to the New World
Thos was born ca 1640, probably in London, England, son of John STOKES. The family came on the "Kent", the first ship of English settlers to arrive in New Jersey. They landed in New Castle, Delaware, and immediately went to Burlington, New Jersey, arriving 6 mo 1677. They were Quakers.
1. Sarah married Benjamin MOORE
2. Mary married John HUDSON
3. John married Elizabeth GREEN
4. Thos Jr. married Deliverance HORNER and second Rachel WRIGHT
5. Joseph married Judith LIPPINCOTT and second Mrs. Ann HAINES
6. Son unnamed who moved to South Carolina