TERRILL: Samuel marries Mary TREMAIN and they have 5 children (2 listed in my reference) - dtr Mary marries Stephen BAWDEN in Redruth, Cornwall
Samuel and Mary TREMAIN TERRILL of Redruth, Cornwall, England married 4 Aug 1805 in Redruth, Cornwall, England, had 5 children. No research has been done on this family other than a TERRILL source for 3 more children.
1. Samuel b/ch Jan 1807 (no date)
2. William b/ch July 1809 (no date)
3. George TREMAIN b/ch Nov 1811 (no date) m. 18 Sept 1838, Elizabeth LUKE, (father Thos LUKE) in St. Mary's, Truro, Cornwall. (Cornwall Online Parish records as George Trewin Ferrill), d 1885 St. Thomas, Devonshire. Had at least 7 children.
4. Mary born/christened 8 Apr 1817, m. 4 Sept 1837 in Redruth Church of England (St. Euny's) Stephen BAWDEN b.6 Apr 1812 in Redruth. They had 8 children and came to the US in 1840. (This writer's heritage)
5. Elizabeth born/christened 13 Apr 1820 in Redruth, married Wm. CLEMO Sept 1846, Redruth, (divorced), Arrived in US with Mary and Stephen and dtr Elizabeth Clemo, born Sept 1847 in Redruth.
Elizabeth and her dtr, only child Elizabeth, were living in the household of Stephen and sister Mary TERRILL BAWDEN (above) in Norristown, Montgomery, Pennsylvania, a mining area, without Mr. CLEMO. Family tradition says "Grandma CLEMO" was divorced and lived with Stephen and Mary in their Rockingham Twp, Scott County, Iowa home until after 1880 when she was a resident of St. Paul, Minnesota with her dtr Elizabeth and grocery wholesaler husband James A. RYAN. After James died 9 Feb 1885 in St. Paul, both Elizabeths returned to Davenport.
Mother Elizabeth returned to Davenport and lived with dtr Elizabeth CLEMO RYAN on 6 Walling Court (now 1700)
Mother Elizabeth died of nervous prostration on 19 Dec 1910, just one week after the death of dtr Elizabeth CLEMO RYAN on 12 Dec 1910. They were members of Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.
Elizabeth and James A. RYAN had one child. They married in Davenport 28 Jun 1866. They lived in St. Paul, Minnesota. Son Harry CLEMO RYAN was born 18 Jan 1868 in Davenport. He married in Davenport, Edna BURDICK, dtr of Anthony and Elvira / Maria BURDICK. Edna was born 1 Nov 1872 and died 15 Aug 1969 in Pasadena, LA, California and is buried with her family in Davenport's Oakdale Cemetery. (See Find-a-Grave). Edna and Harry divorced 13 Jan 1910. They had no children. Harry worked for Smith Bros and Burdick, wholesale grocers of Davenport. He died of diabetes in Chicago, Cook, Illinois 6 Jun 1915. Edna married Mr. XXX PROST.
Passenger List for Stephen BAWDEN and Eliza CLEMO from passenger ships and images database.
Arr 10 Aug 1849
Port of Departure: Liverpool, England
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Queen of the West