The Bone Family from Egloskerry, Cornwall, England
Sarah Bone died as Sarah Ebbott the widow of John Ebbott on the 4th January 1898 in Glenferrie Road, Malvern, Victoria Australia
According to her death certificate she was 84 years old at the time of her death, she had been born in Cornwall England, and her father’s name was John Bone a Farmer. Sarah had come to Victoria, Australia 46 years before.
Based on her death certificate her estimated birthdate was around 1813.
In 1815 there were three children that were baptized on the 30 July 1815.
30-Jul 1815 Botus Fleming Jane BONE
30-Jul 1815 Botus Fleming Sally BONE
30-Jul 1815 Botus Fleming Harriet BONE
[Note – Sally is a common name that is often interchangeable with Sarah]
It appears that Sarah, Jane & Harriet were all baptized on the same day.
Sarah married John Ebbott on the 2 Jul 1839 in the Parish church of Egloskerry, in Cornwall, England.
Two years later in 1841 John Ebbott and Sarah were living in Badharick, Egloskerry, Cornwall, England, on a farm with their new born son.
1. John Ebbott aged 30 a Farmer
2. Sarah Ebbott aged 25
3. John Ebbott aged 1
4. Peter Ham, aged 25, Agricultural Labourer
5. Ann Caddy, aged 15, Female Servant
6. John Martin, aged 10, Agricultural Labourer
7. Celia Pearse, aged 12, Female Servant
Her sister Jane and brother Julius who had both been witnesses on Sarah’s marriage certificate were still living back at home in 1841 with their father in Treludick, Egloskerry, Cornwall, England, UK
1. John Bone aged 60 a Farmer
2. William Bone aged 20
3. Julius Bone aged 20
4. Jane Bone aged 25
and among others
4. Mary Ebbott aged 55
Sarah’s mother appears to have died, and no longer living with her husband John.
In 1851 one of Sarah’s sons Philip was living with her brother Julius, his Uncle Julius who is living next door to his other uncle William at Polhilsa
1. William Bone, Head, single, 34, Jointly Farms 70 Acres 4 Men, St Stephens Cornwall
2. Julius Bone, Head, single, 33,,Jointly Farms 70 Acres 4 Men, St Stephens Cornwall,,
3. Philip Ebbott, Nephew, 8, Linkinhorne Cornwall,,
4. Mary Ann Lemon, Servant, single, 23, House Keeper, Callington Cornwall