Theresa LOVELEE 1865-1898
My great grandmother Theresa LOVELEE was born at 'Mollee', Wee Waa, on the banks of the Namoi in New South Wales in 1865 the eldest of nine children to Thomas LOVELEE 1840-1941 who also owned the Narrabri Meat Works and his wife Margaret, nee MCNAMARA 1842-1904 Margaret was a shcool teacher at the first school in Narrabri.
Alfred McAlpin EATHER,commonly known as 'Mack' a Stock and Station Agent from Narrabri,was instantly attracted to Theresa's sultry beauty and after a courtship of only two months he and Theresa LOVELEE married on the 25 December 1891.
Mack had been born at 'Henriendi' on the Namoi,the youngest son of ten children to Charles EATHER 1827-1891 and Eliza HOUGH 1825-1870, the daughter of Peter HOUGH 1776-1833 and Mary, nee WOOD the daughter of John WOOD 1765-1845
The children of the marriage Between Theresa and Mack were:-
1. Alfred Charles EATHER 1892 ? 1892
2. Colin Charles EATHER 1894 ? 1966 married Sarah Josephine MCKEE 1894-1937, the daughter of Edward William MCKEE 1855-1930 and Sarah Mary HALL 1862-1938 Daughter of Patrick William Hall1821-1900
3. Kenneth Thomas McAlpin EATHER 1896 ? 1898
4. Ernest Herbert Edward EATHER 1898 ? 1898
5. Infant twin Stillborn EATHER 1898 ? 1898
After the difficult birth of the twins Theresa died on the 1 April 1898. She is buried at the Narrabri Old General Cemetery.
After the funeral Mack walked away, that day, never to be heard of again.
My grandfather Colin Charles EATHER, the only surviving child was raised by his step grandmother, the second wife of Charles EATHER 1827-1891, Martha Mary RIDGE 1843-1920 the daughter of John Ridge 1850-1867 and Charlotte Margaret COBCROFT 1820-1906