Thomas LOVELEE 1840-1931 NSW
Thomas Lovelee was born in Campbelltown, New South Wales, the son of convict Richard LOBLEY/LOVELY/LOVELEE 1786-1847 and Elizabeth GREEN 1817-XXXX he lived in the Windsor district until 1864 when he met and married Margaret McNamara. Together, on horseback, they set out for the north west.
Very soon after their arrival, he settled down as an overseer on Mollee, then a cattle station, extending right through the Bohena Creek country in Pilliga.
After leaving Mollee, Thomas Lovelee devoted a number of years to various businesses in Narrabri and district and for some time bought fat cattle for The Riverstone Meatworks.
He selected Dunraven near Mollee which he retained until 1918 when he retired and went to Narrabri to live, handing the property over to his sons.
At the time when the Governor Brothers were operating in the district. Inspector Day, afterwards chief of police, was stationed in Narrabri, and knowing Thomas had a thorough knowlege of the Bohena Creek country, called on him to guide the police in their search for the outlaws. He consented to do so, but insisted on the right to remain unarmed.
Margaret MCNAMARA b:16th.Jan.1842 d: 21st. April 1904 Narrabri NSW. The daughter of Edward MCNAMARA and Margaret MCDONALD
Married in 1864 at Parramatta.
1. Theresa b:1865,Wee Waa,d:1898, Narrabri m.Alfred McAlpin EATHER
2. Martha Mary b:1867 Wee Waa NSW d:1937, Narrabri, NSW never married.
3. Laura b:1869 Wee Waa, d:12 September 1947, Mosman, Sydney m. Ernest Otto MORATH 1870-1946 in 1898 at Narrabri, NSW
4. Edward Thomas b:1871 Wee Waa, d:8 August 1951 Burwood, Sydney m. Christina Mary MCINTYRE 1873-1960 in 1900, Quirindi, nsw
5. Ernest Arthur b:1873 Wee Waa, d:8 June 1937 Narrabri, NSW
6. Herbert George b:1877 Wee Waa,d:1962 Manley, NSW m. Emma Elizabeth BLACKBURN 1884-1958 at Mosman in 1918
7. Stella Jessie b: 1879 Wee Waa,d:1973 St.Leonards,Sydney m. Philip Ardlaw LAWRENCE 1890-1959 at St.Leonards in 1915
8. Ella b: 1882 Wee Waa d:1957 in Queensland m. Egbert James KIMMORLEY 1889-1952 at Mosman in 1912
9. Clara Fanny b: 1884 Narrabri, d: 13 July 1951, Mosman. Never Married
Pictured below is the Wee Waa Racecourse