Thomas Bawden Bryar b. 1831 Marazion Cornwall
Thomas Bawden Bryar was baptised on the 30 November 1831 in Marazion Cornwall. He was the eldest son of Richard Bryar and Mary Ann Bawden. Refer to Richard Bryar journal for further information.
Thomas appeared in the 1841 and 1851 census living with his parents. Although he was married when the 1851 census was taken, he along with his wife Mary Ann were still living with his parents in Carnyorth. Refer to Richard Bryar journal for further information.
Thomas Bawden Bryar married Mary Ann Roberts Burgess on the 25 January 1851 in St Just in Penwith. Mary Ann was the daughter of William Burgess and Elizabeth Roberts, and was baptised on the 26 December 1828 at St Breaca in the parish of Breage.
Children of Thomas and Mary:
1. Elizabeth Ann Bryar baptised 1852, died 1852.
2. Elizabeth Ann Bawden Bryar baptised 2 March 1853 in Breage. Migrated to Sth Australia with her parents and siblings in 1857 on board Sumner.
Elizabeth married William John Whitla/w on the 6 March 1869 in Clunes. She died on the 12 August 1932, at 29 Sargood St, Coburg, and was buried in Fawkner Cemetery.
3. Susan Jane Bryar baptised 17 January 1855 in Breage. Migrated to Sth Australia with her parents and siblings in 1857. Susan married John Oates in 1870 in Victoria. She died on the 14 August 1924 in Footzcray.
4. Esther Ann Bryar baptised 24 March 1857 in Breage. Migrated to Sth Australia with her parents and siblings in 1857. Esther married Edward Radford in 1877 in Rushworth Victoria. They had eight children.
5. Phillip Bawden Bryar baptised 14 November 1858 in Kooringa Sth Aust. Presume she died.
6. Thomas Bawden Bryar born 7 August 1860 in Kooringa Sth Aust. He married Elizabeth Jane Watson on the 1 January 1885 in Victoria, they had five children. Thomas died in 1928 in Bendigo.
7. Marianne (Mary Ann) Bryar born 12 June 1862 in Wallaroo Sth Aust. She married George Roberts in 1880 in Victoria. They had one child Thomas John Roberts who was born and died in 1881. Marianne died in 1933 in West Footscray.
8. Phillip Bawden Bryar born 24 November 1864 in Moonta Sth Aust. He married Ester Ann Watson on the 10 April 1883 in Victoria. They had ten children. Phillip died in 1903 in the Bendigo Hospital.
9. Hephzibah Bryar born 14 December 1866 in Moonta Sth Aust. She married Joseph Herbert Hirst in 1887 in Victoria. They had five children. Hephzibah died in 1933 in East St Kilda.
10. Phillip Bryar born 7 December 1869 in Clunes Victoria. She married William Davies in 1889 in Sandhurst (Bendigo_. They had eight children. Phillipa died in 1939 in Essendon.
11. Rebecca Jane Bryar born 6 May 1872 in Eaglehawk. She married Richard Philip Cannel in 1892, and remarried in 1907 to James Matthew Middleton. Rebecca died in 1950 in Yarraville.
(to be continued)