Two John MUDGE, each married an Elizabeth in Devon Englad UK
It appears, that there are two individual JOHN MUDGE's, whom are first cousins once removed, who coincidently married two individual Elizabeth's with similar surnames.
1. JOHN MUDGE married ELIZABETH NORTHWAY PEARCE
John b. 11 Feb 1816 in Devon, married Elizabeth b.1809 in Devon 1834 and together migrated to Noarlunga region near Adelaide, South Australia via the ship "Recovery" in 1839.
They arrived in South Australia with their two sons William and John, with the additional children being born in South Australia
William Henry MUDGE
John St Jago MUDGE
George Richard MUDGE
Henry Thomas MUDGE
Stephen Joseph MUDGE
Emma Jane MUDGE
Frederick James MUDGE
Sarah Elizabeth MUDGE
Some Records indicate that William James MUDGE was born to John and Elizabeth Mudge (nee Pearce), whereas, he was born to John and Elizabeth Mudge (nee Pearn)
Johns father Richard, is the brother to the other Johns Grandfather.
This Johns linage is from
1. F: Richard MUDGE b. 1783-1851 m. Elizabeth PROUT
2. GF: John MUDGE b.1742-1824 m. Elizabeth HENLEY
3. GGF: John MUDGE Dr b.1720-1781 (Physician) m. Margaret BULLTEEL He was married three times, and had twenty children
4. 2GGF: Zachariah MUDGE Rev. b.1694-1769 (Clergyman) m. Mary FOX
2. JOHN MUDGE married ELIZABETH PEARN
John (1828-1890) born in Torquay, Devon England, migrated to South Australia as a single lad aged 22 years via the ship "Agincourt" arriving at Port Adelaide 1 Feb 1850.
Elizabeth Betsy Pearn (1830-1898) was born in Jersey, England migrated to South Australia via the ship Gloucester arriving at Port Adelaide 13 Aug 1852
John married Elizabeth in Adelaide, Australia on 10 Nov 1853. Both are buried at Hindmarsh Cemetery, Adelaide, South Australia
John and Elizabeth MUDGE (nee Pearn) had 7 children:
Elizabeth Pearn MUDGE married Daniel GOODRICH
Susannah, MUDGE married Richard TAYLOR
Ellen Clarke MUDGE
William James MUDGE married Klara Amalie KLIE *
Emily Harriet MUDGE
George Montgomery MUDGE, married Eleanor Ellen BEVAN
Julia MUDGE married William Frederick Iseler HARRIS
William James Mudge married Klara Amalie KlLIE, and Elvalina Ada COLLEYBULLTEEL,, children from first marriage were:
George William MUDGE married Regina Rosely Selma ZANDER
Clara Gertrude MUDGE married William Thomas BAWDEN
Herbert Otto MUDGE married Ethel REED
Gerald Archibald MUDGE
Mabel Florence MUDGE married Leslie Hole GILES
Kenneth Andrew MUDGE
no children from second marriage noted.
1. F: John MUDGE b.28 Feb 1806 Torquay Devonshire, d. 6 Feb 1878 Milton, NSW m. Elizabeth RYDER
2. GF: John MUDGE b.1764-1837 m. Sarah SEARLE
Arrived as a free immigrant at Sydney on 16.08.1859 on the "Orwell"
3. GGF: John MUDGE b.1742-1824 m. Elizabeth HENLEY
Arrived Sydney NSW 16th August, 1859 aboard the 'Orwell' as a free immigrant and purchased at Ulladulla NSW in 1860. John, a farmer and carpenter moved to Milton NSW. Milton was established in 1860 and is 61 km south of Nowra, 226 km south of Sydney and 7 km north of Ulladulla.
4. 2GGF: John MUDGE Dr b.1720-1781 (Physician) m. Margaret BULLTEEL He was married three times, and had twenty children
5. 3GGF: Zachariah MUDGE Rev. b.1694-1769 (Clergyman) m. Mary FOX