Bawden4 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Category: THE ELY SIDE
Can anyone straighten this out for me?
The ELY line is in my tree. I have a partial listing from Abraham who marries Charlotte (maiden unk). Both were born in Pennsylvania: Abraham abt 1790 and Charlotte about 1801.
In my list:
Emma, dtr of Thomas and Elizabeth WILAND ELY, was married 3X.
1m. Harry SAGER, a confectioner, married Emma bef 1877; had Grace Elnora in May 1877 in Illinois d 1929 Syracuse, NY; and Maud Evelyn b 6 Aug 1879 Mt. Carroll, Illinois who married Oscar W. BEDORE b 6 Apr 1877 New York. Maud and Oscar had no children. Oscar BEDORE 1918 occupation marine engineer for Erie Railroad, 1917 lived in Cresskill, Bergen, New Jersey.
2m. Neptune Seraphine PHILLIPS bef 1892, s/o Serafine PHILLIPS and Mary (maiden unk), born 1852 in Atlantic Ocean aboard Marie Carolina Clark, registered in NY (ship or birth?) 1880 census butcher, residence bef 1874 lived in Erie and Huron Counties, Ohio, before moving to Mt. Carroll, Carroll, Illinois. Had 1 son: Neptune Seraphine PHILLIPS b 14 Dec 1892 Mt. Carroll, Illinois, d 20 Jun 1970 in Phoenix, Maricopa, Arizona.
3m George F. PHILLIPS s/o Charles and Elizabeth FINNINGER PHILLIPS b Jan 1858 in Illinois. m. 6 Nov 1898 Carroll County, Illinois - any relation to NEPTUNE???; 1900 Fed census for Mt. Carroll Illinois shows George F. PHILLPS as Neptune's father rather than stepfather. Emma and George had twin boys (no names) b 20 Mar 1899 in Mt. Carroll, Carroll, Illinois. Don't appear with the rest of the family in June 1900 UScensus for Mt. Carroll. Shows Emma having 3 children all still alive.
I was confused on the 3 Phillips children and stepfather note when I put these in a tree. 1892 Neptune, and twins 1899 were fathered by whom???
ELY Family Tree: Begins with Abraham ca 1790 m. Charlotte (nln), has 9 children in Pennsylvania (no city)
Abraham b ca 1790 in Pennsylvania. Married Charlotte (surname unk-Leander?) b ca 1801 in Pennsylvania. Abraham was a farmer.
1. John b ca 1822, d 1850; butcher
2. George b ca 1825; laborer
3. Abraham b ca 1828; laborer
4. David b ca 1829; laborer
5. Solomon b ca 1831; laborer
6. Samuel b ca 1833; laborer
7. Charlotte b ca 1837
8. Thomas LEANDER b Apr 1838 d. bef 1910; capitalist; - Solomon Leander Ely's father - this writer's legacy
9. Francis b ca 1842
8. Thomas LEANDER m. Elizabeth B. WILAND dtr Jacob WILAND and Sarah BRUMBAUGH. She was born 13 Oct 1841 in Chambersburg, Franklin, PA, d. 1900.
1. Emma Laura b 30 May 1860 PA, d May 1952; m1. Harry SAGER bef 1877. He was b ca 1852 in Illinois; was confectioner. Children: Grace Elnora b May 1877, IL, d 1929 Syracuse, NY; Maud Evelyn b 6 Aug 1879 Mt. Carroll, m. Oscar W. BEDORE b 6 Apr 1877, NY. No children; occup 1918 marine engineer for Erie Railroad, lived 1917 Cresskill, Bergen, NJ
Emma m2 Neptune Seraphine PHILLIPS bef 1892, butcher in 1880, son of Serafine PHILLIPS and Mary (unk). He was born 1852 in Atlantic Ocean aboard "Marie Carolina Clark", birth registered in New York. He died 1894 in Mt. Carroll, Illinois. Children of Emma and Neptune: Neptune Seraphine Phillips b 14 Dec 1892 Mt. Carroll, Illinois; d 20 Jun 1970, Phoenix, Maricopa, Arizona; Emma m. George F. PHILLIPS 6 Nov 1898 Carroll County, Illinois son of Charles and Elizabeth FINNINGER. George was born Jan 1858 in Illinois (no town). They have twin boys (Carroll County Birth Cert Index), both name unk, b 20 Mar 1899 in Mt. Carroll, Illinois, but they do not appear with the rest of the family in 1900 US Fed Census. It shows Emma had 3 children; all still alive in census.
2. Anna Margaret b 2 Feb 1862,PA d 5 Jul 1945; m. James B. MILLER, 1880 census she was dressmaker. One child noted: Clarence B. MILLER - no info.
3. Solomon LEANDER b 2 Dec 1864 in Chambersburg, m. Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" BAWDEN in Davenport, Scott, IA, d 4 Jun 1904, Davenport, IA, bur Davenport's Oakdale Memorial Gardens - they had 2 sons: Edw WILAND/WEILAND and Stephen Lee/Lea...this writer's legacy. Lizzie dtr of Stephen Douglas and Mary Ella "Ella" WOODWARD BAWDEN born in Davenport, Scott, Iowa.
5. Jacob WILAND b 14 Dec 1867, d 3 Jan 1945, Mt. Carroll, Carroll, Illinois, never married, butcher
6. William Henry b 13 Mar 1872 PA, d 25 May 1894, never married.
7. Dora Elizabeth b 4 Mar 1882, Mt. Carroll, Illinois d. 4 Jan 1963 Shannon, Carroll, Illinois
- Displaying 1-2 of 2 Journals