Bawden4 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Category: THE ELDRIDGE SIDE
Loren was born 28 Jun 1938 in Kansas City, Missouri, son of Loren Campbell and Dorothy ZINK JEFFERS.
He married Celia on 29 Aug 1959 in Buckner, Missouri. She was born 11 Aug 1939 in Lee's Summit, Missouri, dtr of Leonard Leon and Ruth Genieve (sp?) HAAS SMITH. They are members of the Reorganizad Church of Latter Day Saints.
They had 3 children in Missouri:
1. Brenda Sue born 28 May 1960 in Warrensburg, Missouri. She married David Norman HOLLEMAN on 30 Dec 1981 in Kansas City, Missouri. David was born 20 Jun 1960 in Chicago Heights, Illinois, son of Kenneth HARRIS and Jacquelyn Ann GREENWOOD HOLLEMAN.
2. Janette Diane Jeffers, born 28 Feb 1964 in Independence, Missouri
3. Melanie Rugh born 29 Aug 1967 in Independence, Missouri.
HUNGERFORD: Thomas HAYWARD marries Mathilda (nmn) ANDERSON in Connecticut and they have 3 children in Waterbury
Thomas was born 18 Aug 1951 in Van Nuys, California, son of John and Lura (not Laura) HAYWARD HUNGERFORD.
He received his BS from the University of Nebraska and studied religion at Yale University in 1979.
He married Mathilda (no maiden or middle) ANDERSON on 14 Feb 1981 in New Haven, Connecticut. She was born 5 Mar 1951 in Sarasota, Florida, dtr of Robert LOCHRIDGE and June PERKINS ANDERSON. Mathilda graduated in 1976 from the West Surrey College of Art and Design in England with a BFA.
Thomas is a teacher and chaplain at Westover School in Middlebury, Connecticut and Mathilda is an art teacher (where?). They had 3 children all born in Waterbury.
1. Barbara PERKINS born 27 Jan 1982
2. Mathilda Ann born 3 Aug 1983
3. John IVES born 8 Jun 1985.
HANNA: Steven Clark marries Mary Frances SPENCER in Colorado Springs, Colorado and operates Hanna Ranches Inc.
Steven was born 31 Jul 1953 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, Colorado. He was the son of Clark and Mary HAYWARD HANNA
He married Mary Frances SPENCER on 28 Nov 1974 in Colorado Springs. She was born 29 Sept 1956 in Leavenworth, Kansas, dtr of Thos and Mary (maiden?) SPENCER.
Steven is in the contracting business in Billings, Montana and jointly operates the Hanna Ranches, Inc in Fountain, Colorado with his brother Kirk. (1985)
They had 2 children:
1. Adrienne Michelle born 26 Jun 1976 in San Luis Obispo, California
2. John Thomas born 23 Sept 1978 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Marian was born 29 Oct 1929 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa, dtr of Irad Lewis and Flora BLANKENFELD ASHER. [Irad was son of that scoundrel Lewis Micajah ASHER who deserted his wife and 3 children and refused to pay child and spouse support.]
She attended Davenport and Geneseo schools before moving to Geneseo with her mother in 1946.
On 14 Dec 1947, she married Dale Herbert KEAG, born 26 Mar 1926 in rural Geneseo to Andrew JOHNSTON and Edna Pearl LEWIS KEAG.
Marian was a unit secretary in Moline, Illinois' Lutheran Hospital (no longer exists). Dale worked for International Harvester (farm implements) in East Moline, Rock Island, Illinois for 39 years before he retired in 1982. THey live in Mesa, Arizona (1985)
Their children born in Geneseo, Henry, Illinois:
1. Maureen Elizabeth born 18 Sept 1948. She attended Geneseo High School and married Richard McKAY on 30 Jun 1967. They divorced in 1972. She works for the John Deere plant in Mt. Joy, Iowa and makes her home in Colona, Illinois. They had 2 children : Paula Sue born 26 Mar 1968 in Geneseo and Jason Edward born 21 Aug 1971 in East Moline.
2. Steven Michael born 6 Jan 1952, graduated from Geneseo High School and served in the Army for 5 years, 4 of that in Thailand. He married Mrs. Roxanne HINES ARNETT on 8 Aug 1981 in Geneseo. He had 1 son Jeffrey ARNETT. Steven graduated in 1985 from Black Hawk Jr. College in Moline, Illinois with a degree (AA or certificate?)in electronics. He is employed by the R.C. Stoner Co. of Davenport, and they live in Hampton, Illinois.
3. Jeffery Lee born 10 Aug 1955, graduated from Geneseo High School. He married Linda Sue DAVIDSON in Geneseo on 16 Apr 1977. He is employed by H.D. Duke and Sons in East Moline, Illinois. They had 2 children: Brian Andrew born 17 Aug 1977 in Geneseo and Timothy Aaron born 26 Sept 1980 in Geneseo.
Howard was born 22 April 1926 in Fordson, Wayne, Michigan, son of Charles and Martha NITSCHMANN/NITCHMAN ASHER.
He married 26 Jan 1946, in Wayne, Michigan, Rebecca Aline RUSTIN. She was born 7 Apr 1926 in Evansville, Indiana and died 18 Apr 1981 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
No bio info on Howard and no parentage or bio info on Rebecca.
They had 3 children:
1. Daniel Howard born 22 Feb 1947 in Ypsilanti, Michigan
2. Pamela Aline born 20 Nov 1950 in Ypsilanti
3. Timothy Charles born 25 Sept 1959 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. He earned a Masters degree from the University of Wisconsin/Whitewater, and is employed by the University of Missouri. (1985)
The surname enters my tree through Jonathan > Thomas > William > Josiah > Duncan > Jacob Mullen ELDRIDGE.
Jacob's 2nd wife, Mary HIGH WILLIAMS, bore 9 children in the outskirts of Davenport, Scott, Iowa on Jersey Ridge Road, so named by him because it reminded him of his home in Haddonfield, Camden, New Jersey where he was born to Duncan CAMPBELL and Rachel BROWN ELDRIDGE, their only surviving child.
This Jersey Ridge fruit farm home was given up in bankruptcy and the family moved to the southwest corner of 16th St.(now Kirkwood Blvd) and Farnam St. It was convenient for the children to get to school and for Jacob to maintain a real estate, loan agency office 'downtown', and his committees that helped build Davenport.
The 9 children:
1. Elizabeth born 3 Apr 1852 became a medical doctor and married Wm. I. JOY; 2 children, divorced as of 1880 census; married Dr. Reuben ELDRIDGE - not related - became divorced, moved to Ames, Story, Iowa where she died of diabetes and is buried in Ames Municipal Cemetery with her son and granddaughter.
2. Charles born 1854 (no date), died 26 Apr 1854 buried in Oakdale
3. Katherine/Kate/Katty born 9 Mar 1855, married Samuel LYTER GLASPELL, in the ELDRIDGE family home, moved to Dakota Territory with Samuel who was a circuit judge, had 3 children, both died in North Dakota and are buried in Davenport's Oakdale Memorial Gardens. Both buried in Oakdale
4. Frank Wallace born 29 July 1858, married Luella ALLEN, moved to Stutsman County, North Dakota near Kate and Samuel, moved back to Davenport, worked at the Rock Island Arsenal as a carpenter, and was a mail carrier for the USPS in Davenport. Both buried in Oakdale.
5. William V. "Willie" born 14 Feb 1860, died of typhoid 19 Mar 1866, buried in Oakdale
6. Minnie born 20 July 1862, married Carl Edward SCHLEGEL in the ELDRIDGE family home, had 4 children, died in Davenport - both are buried in Oakdale
7. Jennie - this writer's lineage. She married George Washington BAWDEN, a lawyer. They built a home on Kirkwood Blvd. Both are buried in Oakdale on the Jacob Eldridge lot.
8. George Wallace born 16 Jan 1868, married Sue KELLY, and helped develop the town of Wynne, Cross, Arkansas. He died 4 Feb 1943 in Wynne and they are buried in Wynne's Cogbill (hill?) cemetery.
9. Emily M. born 23 Jan 1870, died 23 Oct 1876 of diptheria and is buried in Oakdale Cemetery.
GLASPELL: David Bernard (twin of Rosemary), son of Bernard Gordon and Orla RINGUETTE, continues life in North Dakota
David was born 26 Jun 1947 in Jamestown, Stutsman, North Dakota.
In 1964 the year before he graduated from Edgeley High School, he joined the National Guard. After high school, he worked as a salesman but remained an active member of the Guard. In 1979, David began a full-time career as recruiting officer for the North Dakota National Guard. He serves as Personnel Officer in the National Guard as Major. (1985)
He married Elizabeth Ann HUBER on 14 Sept 1968 in Edgeley, North Dakota. She was born 18 Jun 1948 in Edgeley, dtr of Peter and Caroline GEFRE HUBER. She graduated from Edgeley High School andattended Aberdeen School of Commerce in Aberdene and worked for the Aberdeen Mental Health Center and is currently employed by Job Service of North Dakota in Bismarck. The Glaspells are members of the Catholic church. They had 3 children:
1. Tnya Lynn born 22 Feb 1974 in Jamestown
2. Ryan Scott born 14 Apr 1979 in Bismarck
3. Tyler Davis born 20 Apr 1985 in Bismarck. He died 9 May 1985.
GLASPELL: Patricia Elizabeth, dtr of Bernard Gordon and Orla RINGUETTE, marries Norman Gene ANVIK in Montana
This GLASPELL branch goes back to Duncan CAMPBELL ELDRIDGE's first child Jacob, whose dtr Kate is this writer's G-grandmother's sister (Jennie). Patricia Elizabeth is Kate's g-granddaughter, Jennie's g-grandneice.
Patricia was born 20 Dec 1942 in Los Angeles, California. She attended a 1-room school near Edgeley, North Dakota and grduated in 1961 from Jamestown High School in Jamestown, Stutsman, North Dakota. She worked for over 7 years for Jamestown's Farmers Union State Office as a typist.
On 24 May 1969, she married Norman in Edgeley. He was born 21 Jun 1938 in Sidney, Rochland, Montana son of Otto Carl and Sylvia May OLSEN ANVIK. He died 19 July 1995 in Stanton, Mercer, North Dakota. Norman graduated from Eight Mile School in Trenton, Williams, North Dakota and attended Valley City College in Valley City, North Dakota. In 1961, Norman joined the Army, serving in Badharstfield, Germany in the Combat Engineers, working in demolition and construction until his discharge in 1965 as E5 Specialist.
Norman and Pat live in Wahpeton, North Dakota (1985) where he works as a millwright for Local 548 Carpenter and Joiners Union of St. Paul, Minnesota. Patricia works as a kindergarten aide in Zimmermann Elementary School in Wapheton, and for the past 5 years she has been a Girl Scout leader and a member of a Girl Scout support team. She attends North Dakota State School of Science at Wahpeton. They are members of the Catholic Church. They had 2 children in West St. Paul, Minnesota:
1. Tobias Gene born 14 Jun 1970
2. Cynthia Elizabeth (one ref says Marie) born 13 April 1972.
DOERING: Jeanette Mary, dtr of Julia Veronica ELDRIDGE and Dr. Rudolph Albert, marries Robert Charles PAULI in Davenport
Jeanette was born 21 Aug 1933 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa. She graduated from Davenport (Central) High School and attended Davenport's Marycrest College (no longer exists). In 1975 she received her BS from Northeastern Illinois University in Chicago in psychology and minor in social work.
On 12 July 1952, she married Robert PAULI in St. Paul Lutheran Church. Robert, son of Albert William and Dorothy Elvira BRACHTEL PAULI, was born 27 July 1931 in Davenort. He graduated from Davenport High School, Wentworth Military Academy near Kansas City, Missouri and attended Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa. During the Korean War he served as a seaman 3rd class in the Naval Air Corps in Norfolk, Virginia. They maike their home in Elmhurst, Illinois where they operate 4 Amoco stations in the Chicago area. They attended teh United Church of Christ. They had 5 children:
1. Scot (my reference) Albert born 14 Sept 1953 in Portsmouth, Virginia and married Diane Lynn DUPKE on 7 June 1984 in Wheaton, Illinois. Diane was born 9 May 1957 in Oak Park, Cook, Illinois, dtr of Harold Joseph and Vivian Lois HARRIS DUPKE. Scot graduated in 1976 from Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois. HE is a certified mechanic and works with his father as an Amoco station manager. Diane is employed as a bank teller. They live in Roselle, Illinois (1985).
2. Annette May born 27 May 1956 in Davenport and married Scott Anthony SPENCER on 9 Dec 1972 in Elmhurst. Annette is employed as a bookkeeper. They had 2 children: James Cowan born 30 May 1973 in Elmhurst; Joni Katherine born 19 Jun 1975 in Wiesbaden, West Germany.
3. Infant girl born 27 May 1956 in Davenport, twin to Annette May. Died 27 May 1956.
4. Charles Robert born 9 Sept 1959 in Des Moines, Polk, Iowa and married Dawn Adrienne LAMOVEC 26 July 1980 in Elmhurst, Illinois. Dawn was born 25 Jun 1961 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois, dtr of Phillip Charles and Anne STRAND LEMOVEC. Charles is a certified mechanic and works with his father as an Amoco station manager. Dawn is an ABS automation specialist for United Air Lines. THey live in Lisle, Illinois. (1985)
5. Judith Kay born 24 Sept 1964 in St.Charles, Missouri and works as a bookkeeper in the Chicago area. (1985)
These surnames are somewhat removed from my tree. I'm posting them for anyone.
This tree goes back to Duncan CAMPBELL ELDRIDGE's brother, John M. (initial unk - possibly Mullen).
Jacque was born 20 Sept 1928 in Davenport, Scott, Iowa, dtr of Joseph Bowman and Martha MANLEY ELDRIDGE. After attending Sacred Heart School as well as Davenport public schools, she married Stan 28 Jun 1944 in Sacred Heart Cathedral.
Stan was born 26 Jun (28 Jun) 1928 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois. About 1929, his parents Abner Earl and Rena Iris KEELER BUCKLES moved to Davenport where Stan attended Davenport schools. He learned the printing trade in Davenport High School where he graduated in 1946.
He began his printing career with the Davenport firms of REID MOHR and KLOPPENBURG Printers and Service Press, and is the owner and operator of Du-All Press in Davenport. (1985). He was a member of the Auxiliary Police for 20 years and served as chief of the organization for 4 years.
Jacque was employed by AAA Motor Club of Iowa. The family lived in Bettendorf, Scott, Iowa and were members of the Church of Christ. Jacque died 25 Oct 2010 at the Clarissa Cook Hospice. Burial was in Davenport's Memorial Park. They had 4 cildren all in Davenport:
1. Robert Joseph born 20 Aug 1944
2. Brad Lee born 12 Jun 1950
3. Del Patrick born 11 Dec 1952
4. Rick Michael born 30 Dec 1957.