Bawden4 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Category: The HAYWARD SIDE
FROID: Carol, born 4 Aug 1914 in Blackhawk, Gilpin, Colorado, dtr of Dr. and Mrs. Froid, marries Albert WYMAN HAYWARD,
I think Dr. FROID was a medical doctor. I came across a news article that said he attended a man who fell from a Gilpin Train tressle and died.
I don't have a name for Dr. FROID or his wife. And no middle name for dtr Carol, unless she didn't have one. She married Albert in 1940 (no date) in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Any leads would be appreciated.
I don't have BMDs for Dr. and Mrs. FROID, a marriage date for Carol, only 1940 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I did run across an article about a man who fell from the Gilpin County Train tressle and died of multiple injuries. An inquest was held as to blame for this, and Dr. FROID was not represented.
I do Find-a-Grave and it would be nice to have cemetery photos.
My source says Albert and Carol retired to Honolulu where they make their home (1986).
Thanks for any leads. I hate it now that Ancestry owns SSDI and subscriptions are required to view this database. It solved so many problems.
HANNA: Ginger Rae, dtr of Clark and Mary HAYWARD, Swiss exchange student, marries Werner LENGACHER II, in Colorado Springs
Ginger was born 12 Mar 1951 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, Colorado. She attended the University of New Mexico. She met Werner while an exchange student in Switzerland. They were married 17 July 1971. Werner was born 26 Feb 1948 in Oey-Diemtiger, SWitzerland, son of Werner and Klara LENGACHER. Werner attended diesel school in Lausanne, Switzerland. He owns a welding business near Fountain, Colorado where they live for the past 8 years (1985). They had 1 child:
1. Werner Lengacher III born 5 Dec 1972 in Thun, Switzerland.
HANNA: Steven Clark marries Mary Frances SPENCER in Colorado Springs, Colorado and operates Hanna Ranches Inc.
Steven was born 31 Jul 1953 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, Colorado. He was the son of Clark and Mary HAYWARD HANNA
He married Mary Frances SPENCER on 28 Nov 1974 in Colorado Springs. She was born 29 Sept 1956 in Leavenworth, Kansas, dtr of Thos and Mary (maiden?) SPENCER.
Steven is in the contracting business in Billings, Montana and jointly operates the Hanna Ranches, Inc in Fountain, Colorado with his brother Kirk. (1985)
They had 2 children:
1. Adrienne Michelle born 26 Jun 1976 in San Luis Obispo, California
2. John Thomas born 23 Sept 1978 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
HANNA: Terry Lee, dtr of Clark and Mary HAYWARD, marries Gilberto Triana De Cevallos in Colorado Springs, native of Mexico
Terry was born 1 Jun 1948, Clark and Mary's 1st child. She attended the University of Americas in Mexico City where she met Gilberto. She married him 29 Nov 1969. Gilberto was born in Mexico City, Mexico on 26 Mar 1946 son of Anthony and Rosa TRIANA.
They live in Dallas, Texas where they operate a photographic studio. They had 1 child:
1. Anthony Clark TRIANA born 26 Sept 1976 in Dallas.
HAYWARD: Suzanne, dtr of Eugene and Lura SCHLEGEL, marries George KIMPTON, and they become grocery business partners
Suzanne was born 19 Jun 1922 in Cimarron, New Mexico, the 4th child in the HAYWARD family.
She graduated rom Cimarron High School and attended Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa where she majored in food and nutrition. She graduated in 1944 with a BS and began work as a dietician in Mizzoula, Montana, and in 1950, served in the same capacity at the Seward TB Sanitarium in Seward, Alaska.
She married George KIMPTON on 17 Jun 1955 in Seward, Alaska, son of Joseph and Clara FURMAN KIMPTON, born 3 Sept 1917 in Escondido, California. He graduated from Herbert Hoover High School in San Diego, California, and attended Armstrong College in Berkley, California.
In 1956, George and Suzanne became partners in their own grocery business with stores in Montague, Rocklin, and Talmage, California. They retired to Redwood Valley, California in 1979. George died 26 Jan 1991 (SSDI). They had 3 children:
1. Kevin Eugene born 5 Apr 1956 in Yreka, California. He graduated from Ukiah High School and received his BA from California State University at Sacramento where he majored in Business Administration and Marketing. Kevin married Korrine Ann MELESKI on 12 Oct 1985 in California. Korrine was born 31 Oct 1954 in Long Beach, California, dtr of Bernard and Theresa MARTIN MELESKI. She graduated form South Lake Tahoe High School. They make their home in South Lake Tahoe, California where Kevin works in construction and Korrine is employed in a dress shop.
2. Lura Winema Kimpton born 19 Jun 1957 in Yreka, California. She graduated from Ukiah High School in 1975 and received her BA and MA degrees from Humbolt State University at Arcata, California. She married James Ardon DOMIANO on 10 Jun 1979 in Arcata. James was born 6 Dec 1952 in Turlock, California, som of Francis and Marion/an HALL DOMIANO. James graduated from Turlock High School and received his BA from Humbolt State University with a major in physical education. Lura is employ7ed by the Ft. Bragg, California Schools as a psychologist and James is a general contractor. They make their home in Ft. Bragg, California. (1985)
3. Jaculyn Suzanne born 25 Mar 1962 in Roseville, California, and in 1980 graduated from Ukiah High School. She received her BA from Humbolt State at Arcata with a mjor in biology. She is employed at Berkley as a microbiologist for the California State Public Health Service. She lives in El Cerrito, California.
Albert was born 21 Apr 1919 in Great Falls, Cascade, Montana, son of Eugene and Lura SCHLEGEL HAYWARD. He graduated from New Mexico State University at Las Cruces with a degree in engineering.
In 1940, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Albert married Carol (mn?) FROID, dtr of Dr. and Mrs. Froid (no names). Carol was born 4 Aug 1914 in Blackhawk, Gilpin, Colorado. She graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder and was teaching elementary grades in Cimarron, New Mexico at their marriage.
Albert joined the United States Navy Air Corps during WWII and made teh navy his career. After serving as Commander at Barbers Point Naval Air Station, Oahu, Hawaii, the Haywarads retired to Honolulu, where they presently live. (1986) Albert died 13 Jul 1991 in Honolulu, Hawaii. (SSDI)They had 3 children:
1. Albert WYMAN Jr., born 26 Aug 1943 in Pensacola, Florida. Married Susan SMITH.
2. Michael David born 27 Sept 1944 (no location). Married Constance WALFF. They have one son, John Michael WYMAN born 8 Oct 1980 in Burbank, California where the family makes their home (1986)
3. Stephen Carl born 19 May 1950 at Guantanamo, Cuba, married Julia BLEVINS 16 Apr 1986 in Honolulu, Hawaii, whee they live. (1986)
HAYWARD: Lura, 5th child of Eugene and Lura SCHLEGEL, marries John HUNGERFORD, an LA public school supt.
Lura was born 16 Dec 1923 in Cimarron, New Mexico. She received her Bachelor of Music Education degree from the University of Colorado at Denver and attended grad schools at the American Conservatory in Chicago, Illinois, California State University at Northridge and Pierce Junior College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
She married John IVES HUNGERFORD on 18 Aug 1950 in Cimarron. He was born 14 May 1925 n Hartford, Connecticut, son of Clarence IVES and Helen TAYLOR HUNGERFORD.
John served during WWII in the Army with the infantry in Germany, whee he was taken as a prisoner of war. HE received his BS from the University of Massachusetts in Boston, his Education degree from the University of Southern California at Los Angeles, and tood graduate work at Brigham Young University at Provo, Utah in 1971. He taught grad classes in education at several colleges and served as assistant to one of teh 8 area superintendants in the Los Angeles Public School System. The area is Hispanic and one of the most populated in LA, with schools in session all year. John died 5 Nov 2000 in Woodland Hills, California. (no burial info). No info on Lura.
The HUNGERFORDS make their home in Woodland Hills, California where Lura is a piano teacher and accompanist. They are members of teh Methodist Church. (1986) They had 4 children:
1. Thomas HAYWARD born 18 Aug 1951 in Van Nuys, California
2. John TAYLOR born 14 May 1953 at Van Nuys
3. William Eugene born 31 Mar 1955 in Van Nuys
4. Deborah born 22 Jul 1957 in Encino, California; graduated from the University of California at Humbolt with a Bachelor of Music degree. She is living in San Francisco, where she is pursuing a career in music (1986)
Mary, was born 25 Aug 1920 in Great Falls, Cascade, Montana.
In the Fall of 1935, she went to live with her grandparents, Carl Edward and Minnie ELDRIDGE SCHLEGEL in Davenport, Scott, Iowa where she attended Davenport High School until she graduated in 1937. She received her B.A. degree from the University of Arizona at Tucson, majoring in education. She taught fourth grade for two years at the Pi Beta Phi Settlement School in Gatlinburg, Sevier, Tennessee.
During WWII, Mary joined the WAFS (Women's Air Force) and was training to become a pilot when the program for women was closed. She joined the American Red Cross and received her training at the American University in Washington, D.C. She served at Dunming, China (the other side of the hump) until the war was over in Aug 1945, and then was transferred to Tientsin, China until coming home in late 1946.
She married Walter Clark HANNA, Jr., on 20 Nov 1946 in Cimarron, New Mexico. Walter was bon 25 Oct 1920 in San Miguel, New Mexico, son of Walter Clark and Daphne HOLT HANNA. He served in the military during WWII from 1942-46. On 14 Jun 1957, "Clark" and dtr Randy Gae were killed in an accident on their ranch near Fountain, Colorado.
Mary married Jon Wallace FROST, son of Jon Wallace and Grade BIERER FROST on 14 Nov 1959 in Cimarron, New Mexico. Jon was born 23 Sept 1920 in Detroit, Michigan; shortly after the FROSTS moved to Santa Barbara, California. He graduated from the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque with a B.A. in History.
John had children by his first marriage: Blair Hannah FROST: b 7 Nov 1950 in San Marino, California; Wallis Alden b 31 Jan 1953 in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Ferris Frederica born 21 Feb 1954 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The FROSTS make their home on a ranch near Fountain, Colorado (1985).
Jon died 31 May 2002 in Pueblo, Colorado. I don't have a death date for Mary. It can probably be found in SSDI which I don't have access to because Ancestry bought it and you need a subscription to access the info.
There were 6 HANNA children and one FROST child from the marriage of Mary, Clark Hanna and Jon Frost:
1. Terry Lee born 1 Jun 1948 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
2. Karen Sue born 25 Dec 1949 in Colorado Springs. Graduated from Mt. Holyoke College in Mt. HOlyoke, Massachusetts in 1971 and received in 1981, her M.D. from the University of Colorado Medical School in Denver. On 14 Jun 1971 in Colorado Springs, Karen married Montgromery Wray WITTEN, born 20 Oct 1948 in Bronxville, New York son of John and Kathleen WITTEN. He graduated in 1971 from Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts and received his LL.B. from the University of Colorado Law School in Denver in 1979. They are legal and medical volunteers for OXFAM, a world relief organization, serving in the Orient, Africa and the Sudan. (1986).
3. Ginger Rae born 12 Mar 1951 in Colorado Springs
4. Randy Gae born 12 Mar 1951 twin to Ginger - She was killed with her father 17 Jun 1957 at Colorado Springs, Colorado.
5. Steven Clark Hanna b 31 Jul 1953 in Colorado Springs
6. Kirk Michael born 24 Sept 1955 in Colorado Springs. Graduated from Fountain Valley School in Fountain Colorado and from Colorado State University in Ft. Collins where he received a degree in agricultural economics. He lives on the family ranch near Fountain, Colorado where he is a commodities broker and operates the Hanna Ranches, Inc with brother Steve.
7. Jon Wallace FROST III, born 17 Aug 1960 in Colorado Springs. Graduated from Fountain Valley School and received a degree from New Mexico State in Los Cruces, New Mexico in agaricultural economics. He married Anita MORALES, 9 Jun 1984 in Colorado Springs. She was born 26 Jul 1962 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, dtr of Dr. Hernan and Sandy MORALES. They live in Los Cruces where Anita is completing her degree in city planning at the State University of New Mexico (1985)
HUNGERFORD: Thomas HAYWARD marries Mathilda (nmn) ANDERSON in Connecticut and they have 3 children in Waterbury
Thomas was born 18 Aug 1951 in Van Nuys, California, son of John and Lura (not Laura) HAYWARD HUNGERFORD.
He received his BS from the University of Nebraska and studied religion at Yale University in 1979.
He married Mathilda (no maiden or middle) ANDERSON on 14 Feb 1981 in New Haven, Connecticut. She was born 5 Mar 1951 in Sarasota, Florida, dtr of Robert LOCHRIDGE and June PERKINS ANDERSON. Mathilda graduated in 1976 from the West Surrey College of Art and Design in England with a BFA.
Thomas is a teacher and chaplain at Westover School in Middlebury, Connecticut and Mathilda is an art teacher (where?). They had 3 children all born in Waterbury.
1. Barbara PERKINS born 27 Jan 1982
2. Mathilda Ann born 3 Aug 1983
3. John IVES born 8 Jun 1985.