Bob_M4 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
I'd like to know if anyone else, in doing research on the Morehouse family, has seen or found any data on some of these folks.
I've searched through a number of the online databases, and have found practically nothing. I've looked for birth, death, and marriage records.
- Gardiner W. Morehouse, my great-great-grandfather, may also have had his first name spelled Gardner in some records;
- unk. date of birth or death, believed to be from VT or NH;
In 1840 he married Nancy Wever in St. Joseph Co, MI, unk. date of birth or death for her, she was believed to be from PA;
Gardiner & Nancy's children include:
- Mary Ann, believed to have been born in MI around 1842;
- Oscar J., believed to have been born in MI around 1844;
- Franklin Joseph, believed to have been born in MI around 1846;
- H. Wesley, believed to have been born in MI around 1848;
- Helen, believed to have been born in MO around 1858;
- William Elmer, born in IA in 1865.
I have birth and death info on William Elmer Morehouse, my great-grandfather. Also, I know he was married to Annie
Agnes Smith, and their only son was Edward Leroy Morehouse, my grandfather.
I was told William's mother died before he was a year old, and he was raised by an "uncle". Also, Oscar died Dec. 17, 1863,
after a leg was amputated, due to getting shot the month before at the battle of Look Out Mtn in TN. I am working towards
getting Civil War pension info for Oscar.
I did find some 1880 census info about a Gardiner Morehouse born in 1819 in VT. At census time he was a wagon maker
married to Elizabeth Elliott from Canada, living in Nashville, Jackson, IA. They were married in 1873. A girl named Mary Breden
lived with them, but was not a daughter. I also saw where a G.W. Morehouse married Matilda Baysley in 1866. I'm not sure
if it is the same Gardiner W. Morehouse or not, if so then he remarried several times after Nancy died. It would be nice to
find some info on Gardiner's lineage.
Thanks. Hope to hear from someone.
- Displaying 1-1 of 1 Journals