Christina58 on Family Tree Circles
Journals and Posts
Looking for links to Iwan Wagner (Ukrainian - Іван Вагнер)(born in Dubie, Brody, Tarnopil Poland 1913/1919?)
Hello to all of you who are searching for your familie's past! My sister, Sonya and I (Christina) are currently endeavouring to learn of our dear dad's past as well! If you have ended up at this site, then perhaps its because you are also searching for information on a particular member of the Wagner family. I will outline below the little that we have managed to discover so far, and hopefully, someone, somewhere in this big world of ours, will be able to help us out!
* Our dads name is Iwan Wagner (Ukranian IBaH BarHep)- although, later on it became Ivan
* Iwan was born on the 10th July 1913 - however, ship records have revealed that this could possibly have been 1919. Dad was born in Dubie, Brody, Tarnopil Poland. He then resided in the Ukraine. We think his fathers name may have been Philip/Philipp. We also think his mothers name may have been Marta? We are not sure about this information.
* Our Dad married Olena (dont know her surname) on 20/02/1947 - perhaps at the Neumarkt OPF where they were in 1947. They were both processed at Amberg in 1948 before coming to Australia. Olena was born on the 25/06/1916 in Papasne (dont know if thats the right spelling) Dnipropatrowski, USSR.
* Iwan departed from Naples in Italy (from either the Bagnoli or Capua Camps) aboard the SS Heinzelmann on the 31st March 1949 as part of the International Refugee Organisation Group Resettlement to Australia
*Travelling to Australia with Dad, was his wife Olena. We would love to know where they were married...We do not know anything about Olena, other than she passed away in Campsie NSW Australia in 1957 and is interred at the Lidcombe Cemetery.We would also like to learn of her surname and if she had any family
*The SS Heinselmann docked at Port Melbourne Victoria Australia on 26th April 1949 and all refugees were then (we presume) taken to the refugee camp in Bonegilla Victoria.
*We have in our possession 'Worker Release' papers, which revealed that Dad must have been sent from Bonegilla to Tasmania as part of the Commonwealth workers scheme. We are unsure of the industry that he then worked in at that time. The 'Worker Release' papers show the date 27th April 1951.
*Everything else is presumption. Dad used to talk about working at the Cadbury factory in Tasmania. He also talked about cutting sugar cane in Cairns Queensland before settling in the Sydney area of NSW.
**IF ANYONE WHO HAS REACHED THIS SITE CAN OFFER ANY INFORMATION, MY SISTER AND I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!**
WE CAN BE CONTACTED VIA EMAIL - [email protected]
We have come to a bit of a standstill and would like any info that anyone may have!
- Displaying 1-2 of 2 Journals